HUNTERS RaNGE 09/10 season updates

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
Sorry I was away from the computer a few days, Trying to do a snowdance ! New in to report IS WE NEED SNOW. . The logging is done so as soon as it snows and covers the road again.. . Ashton will start getting groomed!!!. .. My groomer is back on to the regular grooming schedule of Wednesdays and Saturdays. All Fixed. . and Wednesday night he reported in 8 inches fresh snow.Saturday he report a couple inches . and yesterday IM sure there was a skiff up there too . . So happy riding . .and See ya at the Hill!

skeeter800x

Reaction score
Please get rid of the snow burm at Laforge; no need for it to be there. People will keep finding ways over it. It is too far to the trail head.
Thanks

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
OK . . I know I am getting few and far between updates but without a major dump of snow IM getting repetitive. ON the Ashton/Brash side Still only Brash trail being groomed, altough the logging is DONE . we need snow to cover Ashton to groom. We have reports of fresh stuff up top recently but just not down here . Secondly. NO GROOMING TONIGHT . SO . .FRIDAY its getting groomed as the groomerguy is busy doing Laforge Thursday. SO thats all I know . .now you know. .

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey are they grooming tonight???? its been raining and socked in for dayz now. there has to be some fresh up there. gonna check it out on thursday.

canuck0199

Reaction score
Anyone know how the road is from the upper parking lot up?
Was up about 10 days ago, there was a decent layer of ice for the first couple of K's but very passable with not many bare patches.
Wondering what the last week of summer weather has done to the ice!

Cheers!!

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody knows the history on the military bunker up at hunters range?
and also if anybody has pictures of it?

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I was just wondering if anybody knows the history on the military bunker up at hunters range?
and also if anybody has pictures of it?

The bunker is a Nav Canada air traffic navigation for all western canada. It's still fully operational. It is connected to the soccer ball tower of fly hills about 40 km. west. It is a huge circular bunker under ground packed with outdated computers the size of cars. A couple years ago we had to take a couple of Nav service guys up the fly hills by snowmobile to the station because it was to socked in for flying. I spent the day with them and they gave me a tour of the one on fly hills. Pretty outdated equipment, but lot's of security cameras. These guys were saying that if one of these stations broke down or was vandalized it would cut all air traffic flying over the west by 50 to 70 %. Before GPS came in all air traffic relied on these facilities. You wouldn't of got near the Hunters range bunker during the New York twin tower disaster.
The bunker reminds me of "Maxwell Smart" walking threw all those steel doors. About the same technology. Hope "Chaos" doesn't read this! lol

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is this bunker you speak of??? ive been riding up there all year and havent seen it. and yeah id like to see some pics of this!

Top Bottom