Hummer vs. Prius. LOL team green.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
hey guys and gals. i read this article awhile ago and thought it was funny. i cant remember where/who posted before so the credit goes to the original poster,whoever you are. anyway, team green must just love this. lmao. enjoy.:d

The Recorder

Landrew

Reaction score
Speaking of green views not always being correct:

A few times in conversation with people I have had them say, “oh a motor biker hey, doing all that damage to the trails” I usually reply that we go only on trails that have been there for years and they look the same every year we go on them. They usually don’t ride and so have a limited view that I try to understand as I don’t hike and so see a point that just walking must leave a nicer trail behind.

Coming from a hiker I thought well perhaps their trails are still all grassy and only a foot and a half wide so perhaps we do have quite a bigger impact.

So last week I took my son and some other adults and kids on a 12km hike to a lake inside Jasper Park. The trail was I believe foot traffic only.

To my shock and slight anger the hiking trail I was on was big enough for a quad and quite eroded. It looked just like the trails in Cadomin area or many other mountain OHV trails. I think that a narrow mind and overly inflated “I use no motors therefore I am helping the environment” attitude comes from a lack of understanding.

I used to give them the upper hand in assuming that they had a smaller footprint, now that I have seen things 1st hand I put them on equal footing as far as that goes. They may be quieter but that is about it.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
ya it is quite shocking the belief that some of the "green" people have that they are better on the environment than a family that quads or uses any ohv. if you take a moment to look at thier houses, or thier vehicles or thier recycling habits it is almost laughable. one person that i was talking to was basically giving me crap for owning quads and all that jazz. i was at his house doing an a/c install. this is what i saw.

2800sq feet of house for 2 people
2 suv's plus all gas lawn maintence etc... noticed most were 2 stroke as well
his garbage can was overflowing with cardboard and paper etc...
he had a giant boat in the driveway
automatic lawn sprinklers
mid efficient furnaces and hot water tank
lights on all over the place during the day
i was installing a standard eff. a/c
i could go on and on

then i was doing an install at a guys house that quads and DESTROYS the environment.

1400 sq ft house for 4 people
wifes car was a fuel efficient smaller car
his was a mid size car
they had a truck ,that is mostly parked, to haul thier toys with
electric mower and weedwhacker
6 different bins for recycling and they only throw out 1 small bag of garbage a week
high efficient furnace and on demand water heater
opted for the high eff a/c verses the standard.
and they asked me to shut off the lights in the stairwell when i wasnt using it.

yet who is considered green? lol.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We quaders have to be more care with how we spend our money because we would rather spend it on something we like, than give it to some big company who already has to much money.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of green views not always being correct:

A few times in conversation with people I have had them say, “oh a motor biker hey, doing all that damage to the trails” I usually reply that we go only on trails that have been there for years and they look the same every year we go on them. They usually don’t ride and so have a limited view that I try to understand as I don’t hike and so see a point that just walking must leave a nicer trail behind.

Coming from a hiker I thought well perhaps their trails are still all grassy and only a foot and a half wide so perhaps we do have quite a bigger impact.

So last week I took my son and some other adults and kids on a 12km hike to a lake inside Jasper Park. The trail was I believe foot traffic only.

To my shock and slight anger the hiking trail I was on was big enough for a quad and quite eroded. It looked just like the trails in Cadomin area or many other mountain OHV trails. I think that a narrow mind and overly inflated “I use no motors therefore I am helping the environment” attitude comes from a lack of understanding.

I used to give them the upper hand in assuming that they had a smaller footprint, now that I have seen things 1st hand I put them on equal footing as far as that goes. They may be quieter but that is about it.

Depends on which trail your talking about. Some of the Jasper trails see A LOT of foot traffic and hoof traffic too. Yes, it's a problem as well.

I like Plumbums post. I drive a truck and have sleds, my wife has a 4 cyl and we us it when we can, we recycle like crazy and have given a ton of good stuff to Habitat for Humanity as opposed to landfilling it. Yet there are a couple neighbours who look at me funny when I am loading the sleds. These are the same people who use weed killer for the dandelions as opposed to a manual puller. An expression I heard recently that I really liked was;

"Believe half of waht you see and even less of what you hear!"

Might have even been here I saw that quote.

Bottom line is live your life with respect and honour.

Top Bottom