hps can?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if the hps is the way to go. It's days 88db at 4000revs but is it loud after that? Coming from a TSS can I think I'd like to keep my hearing a few years longer. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Also I dunno if it matters but I am running a trygstad 872 this year so I don't know if that changes anything. I just want a can work a nice sound that doesn't kill my or everyone elses hearing.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if the hps is the way to go. It's days 88db at 4000revs but is it loud after that? Coming from a TSS can I think I'd like to keep my hearing a few years longer. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Also I dunno if it matters but I am running a trygstad 872 this year so I don't know if that changes anything. I just want a can work a nice sound that doesn't kill my or everyone elses hearing.

HPS, GGB Trail both nice and aggressive but not "mountain can". GGB is about 100 bucks cheaper, so I went that route as its just a noise box.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a trail and race version of the hps? see the youtube videos of these can dont do justice. im wondering if theres anyone here that is running one and if so can you tell me if its loud or not.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a trail and race version of the hps? see the youtube videos of these can dont do justice. im wondering if theres anyone here that is running one and if so can you tell me if its loud or not.

No I just missed a comma.. the HPS has sound levels similar to the GGB trail

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a lot quieter than the TSS. It has a bearable sound when in the shop or trailer. Unlike the TSS.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was under the belief that with the tragstad kit you get the best results running the stock exhaust including the can. I would call them and get their opinion they also might have some good suggestions for cans they have tested with.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about at wot? my question is is it worth it? or should i be looking for somthing else?

I didn't think WOT was that loud, it did have a annoying tone around 6800 RPM. I ended up with a SPI can that was cheaper than the HPS but sounded very similar minus the tone @ 6800 RPM

Trygstad now says that the Diamond S titanium can is ok on his kits. It's spendy though!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock can was in the garbage a long time ago. Jason at riderz said the can wont really matter. as for the diamond s... its retarded exspensive. and I don't even think theres dealers for them around here.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an HPS on my 14. It sounds nice. Not very loud until the valves open up. EVen at this, it's quieter in my opinion, that a lot of the cans on the market today. Louder than a SLP, but I would think the MBRP is slightly louder than the HPS. It is quieter than the TSS or the speciality.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a hps on my 15, sounds good at idle. we need to see more snow so I can take the sled out to get a full impression.

Top Bottom