HPS Can Install - 2013 FreeRide

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys
so I got my sled home last night and went to install the HPS can
as you can see from the pic, the exhaust sensor wont thread all the way down into the bung on the can
there is a few threads showing ..... this common?
not sure if this is a 2012 or 2013 HPS can, but I was told theres no diff.

also, are you guys using 2 springs to hold it on like pictured too?
sorry for the crappy cell phone pics .... and thanks for your help

FR11.jpg

FR13.jpg

FR12.jpg

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it have a brass ferrull on the probe? if so then its fine, you only tighten enough to compress the ferrull, thats what seals.

Meyer907

Reaction score
A little off subject here but in the first pic the foam looks like it is almost touching, isnt that gonna turn in to a puddle of gue once that can gets hot?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little off subject here but in the first pic the foam looks like it is almost touching, isnt that gonna turn in to a puddle of gue once that can gets hot?

not touching, but is close
the factory can actually rests aganst it ....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think that foam is somewhat heat proof, so it wont melt.. but first thing to do is rip it all out IMO gets wet and heavey

nice sled enniss you must be pumped now!!!!

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that foam is somewhat heat proof, so it wont melt.. but first thing to do is rip it all out IMO gets wet and heavey

nice sled enniss you must be pumped now!!!!

ya stoked
spent a little bit in the garage last night tinkering
typical new sled stuff: cleaning goo off clutches and belt, setting bars and controls to my liking, checking all the handlebar bolts, warning sticker/foam removal, can install, clutch bolt torque-ness etc etc etc

what u think of that exhaust probey thingy ?
BJ posted on another site its ok, so Im assume if the man himself says ok, it should be hey?

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were u have the 2 springs is the bracket pointed down or towards the chaincase? I just got a hps can for my 2012 and you would think the brackets would be better. And was wondering if i had the right can. For the price you would think it would fit better.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an army green Summit at ffun yesterday affter work. Was that yours? I was paying more attention to the XM beside it.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an army green Summit at ffun yesterday affter work. Was that yours? I was paying more attention to the XM beside it.

No the one on the floor has ES, mines pull start
they had to transfer mine in from Lintlaw (still crated)

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had to drill mine slightly to make it fit better.mine only screwed in 1 thread then all the way when done.

Top Bottom