Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sat and watched these guys poach.....is there no shame :d

They just didn't care, they even followed us over the next ridge

P1246326.jpg

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hmm, they dont look like they are in too much danger, guess they know that the helicopter dont play with the sledders so they know that they are safer with you guys :)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats funny thats such a good pic. i love the famous " it makes it easier for predators to get to them"

while the caribou are probly saying

"thank f**** god i dont have to step through 8 feet of snow anymore"

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool shot. I would like to ask where you seen them but it might end up the next closed area so I wont ask where OK.

94fordguy

Yup, looks like the sled tracks are just devastating... totally destroyed and hurt the well-being of the animals;):rolleyes::rolleyes::d:beer:

Awesome shot, thanks for sharing:beer:

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't gonna say where I saw them, next thing you know all the greenie sightseers will be there, leaving granola wrappers and scaring away the ones they don't choke. ;)

tapex

Reaction score
Would have liked to get a little closer to get a cleaner pic, but didn't want to scare them.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like at least three or four are younger ones. Is it possible that these animals are actually increasing numbers in area's where snowmobiles frequent? Just a thought...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
looks like at least three or four are younger ones. Is it possible that these animals are actually increasing numbers in area's where snowmobiles frequent? Just a thought...

i agree....... 3 look like youngin's........maybe a pic like this needs to go to the gov't, without disclosing the location..... Can't see the greenies getting up to these places to doo the "so called head count" on these animals?? Ski your way up to where these animals roam, greenies!!!!!!! Bahahha;)

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to agree a few more pics like this and maybe a vid of how much easier it is for them to walk. Great pics. No doubt tho if it was sent to anyone , they would twist it around

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen this problem befor, except they blocked the highway for a week:d. The cariboo are no different than any one, they go where it is easiest to travel.

Attachments

• ChurchillFallsCaribou-3.jpg
    ChurchillFallsCaribou-3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 23
  • ChurchillFallsCaribou-2.jpg
    ChurchillFallsCaribou-2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 25
  • ChurchillFallsCaribou-1.jpg
    ChurchillFallsCaribou-1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 23

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SORRY people more PIC's of the those ANIMALS and MORE area's will be closed. p.s. I have never seen those ANIMALS, and will never admit to seeing those Animals, cause they want to close every place they are. SORRY FOR NOT making any friends on this ONE... pork

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you actually read the caribou and snowmobile interaction study they really take into account these types of thigns positive and negative...there is no evidence that snowmobiles are the cause of caribou migration. its just how the greenies twist it.

ill try and find the link its a good read.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
SORRY people more PIC's of the those ANIMALS and MORE area's will be closed. p.s. I have never seen those ANIMALS, and will never admit to seeing those Animals, cause they want to close every place they are. SORRY FOR NOT making any friends on this ONE... pork

I disagree with what you are saying, the government knows where these caribou are as most have tracking collars, our club is in constant battle over the closure of our area and have all the maps and data showing caribou movement over the last 10 years supplied by the government. We as sledders need to share these pictures and experiences more openly. I beleive being secretive has only led to closures so mabey we try a different aproach. We are scapegoats for population declines so pictures and storys of encounters might be enough to help us win a small bit of respect in this issue. I have included the email for the bioligist working on the caribou recovery. If anyone agrees with me fell free to send him some info, you dont need to disclose the area but the pictures and stories of caribou reaction cant hurt. john.surgenor@gov.bc.ca

Top Bottom