How Well does SHOT work?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Today I was ski-touring off a test sled i have 2018 Summit 850 G4 175 with SHOT, I am super impressed by the SHOT starter. Arrived at destination, Shut off sled, unloaded skis, skins in pack etc, then skied down and skins on, jackets off and ski-toured back up 1400 vertical about an hour or hour 15 minutes, and got ready to ski again then thought hey I should check if it will turn on. Pushed the button and voila. Like I said after 35 minutes SHOT is 95% and at an hour is is 80%, I might be out tomorrow and if so i will check in two laps...anyway here is the vid.

Photos of Run
The Top
qx6t6s.jpg

Touring Up

10h7n5u.png

Pano Shark Fin is where top is

jr4j6c.jpg

1/4 the way up

qrxhe0.jpg

Half Way

161e0ds.jpg

Fuelling up for 3 of 4 runs...reeces peanut butter cups...mmmm

b84bbq.jpg

Last edited:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skiing when you could be riding a 18' 175...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Skiing when you could be riding a 18' 175...

Dude I ride everyday, when it is boiler plate, then warms up and 8cms on top of that...I ski not ride around on a 175 going wooohoooo. It was just sitting there all morning with the key in it, you could have ridden it,where were you? :)

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I know you ride more in a week than most of us get to all winter!! I was about 18hrs east of that sled.

Jgibos

Reaction score
Haha I know you ride more in a week than most of us get to all winter!! I was about 18hrs east of that sled.

Hows thw belt life on the 2018. Honest answer would be great. With or without all the insulated foam and holes or no holes drilled?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Hows thw belt life on the 2018. Honest answer would be great. With or without all the insulated foam and holes or no holes drilled?

Have not even looked after 800km, quiet and running awesome, sorry if i am disappointing people, I have not even checked to see if this has the new clutching parts...the best way to test is to ride it, we had three guys shooting up some sled ski lines, running spot on 7900-8000 and I like how quiet it is so I assume all foam is in it...sorry you wont get photos.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
So if the shot doesn't work after waiting too long do you call in a real man on the radio to pull start your sled while you suck your thumb?

As I say, what people say to others is usually what they are saying inside to themselves...i just pull the rope. For all the guys who think they are champs for pulling a rope, if you buy your sled with shot, which I highly suggest, wait till you see next year when all the guys who think it is less energy to pull a rope all day suddenly realize how much they save in a push start.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
even if there was problems, hes not going to say. Hell i wouldnt say either

why I have the job, and you don't! I have never needed to lie, bend the truth, or not say what I feel. In fact even when I say the truth guys still don't believe me...or the answer. Oh Well not my issue. Going on 27 years its not even in my thought process, can things get better, you bet, if they don't, they don't last.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the negative reaction to new technology that will probably be on everything in 5 years... Dave, good job staying positive, I can see why you're a motivational speaker. Maybe some others on here need to take one of your seminars... A true positive attitude is like a good disease, people catch it from you. Sh##ty thing is, a true negative one can be spread quickly as well!

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude I ride everyday, when it is boiler plate, then warms up and 8cms on top of that...I ski not ride around on a 175 going wooohoooo. It was just sitting there all morning with the key in it, you could have ridden it,where were you? :)

Is that a standing offer? Personal ride with norona, I'd take you up on that.

As I say, what people say to others is usually what they are saying inside to themselves...i just pull the rope. For all the guys who think they are champs for pulling a rope, if you buy your sled with shot, which I highly suggest, wait till you see next year when all the guys who think it is less energy to pull a rope all day suddenly realize how much they save in a push start.

Up untill this point I would disagree with you. Shot is lightweight and functional. The old e-start battery was the only reason I never bothered, couldn't deal with the weight. Just a phobia. Good on doo for a good balance of a lightweight starter idea!

Question: is shot available as a accessory? And can you install it on a 800 ETEC? Never looked in the catalog.

Last edited:

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Is that a standing offer? Personal ride with norona, I'd take you up on that.

Up untill this point I would disagree with you. Shot is lightweight and functional. The old e-start battery was the only reason I never bothered, couldn't deal with the weight. Just a phobia. Good on doo for a good balance of a lightweight starter idea!

Question: is shot available as a accessory? And can you install it on a 800 ETEC? Never looked in the catalog.

Sorry it is only available as a factory option, you would need the ultra capacitor and all new ecm which would put the cost in parts over 2500.00 before instal, so it is not offered and an option to purchase as an accessory. I will say this, yesterday day I toured the same spot and did two laps which was over 2 hours and the shot started the sled, I am not trying to make it seem incredible but I will say it works so good and no sledder leaves their sled sitting for 2 hours. Plan on one start in the morning and shot the rest of the day, which is RAD! Oh ya to casper11 comment above, if it ever stops working, you just pull the rope. Pretty good back up.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shot will work fine it's not new technology just new to sleds. Cars with stop/start or "soft hybrids" (gas and electric) have not had a normal starter motor for years and have worked good on a similar principal. *Capacitor* are simple and don't often fail. Used all the time but you don't even notice. When you exit your car and the lights slowly dim that's a capacitor slowly discharging. All a capacitor does is stores energy (charges extremely fast) and when system voltage drops below a certain voltage it discharges and tries to maintain voltage. This is my first year ever riding an E start sled i used to think it wasn't necessary or didn't want the weight. I don't think i would ever go back to not having it. 2 reasons one it's just nice to have and convenient especially after rolling a sled or something and being in an awkward situation. Reason #2 you have 2 options to start pull it or e start if one screws up your not wrapping something around the clutch. With the number of 850's the pull start has been screwing up on you would think guys would love the fact they have 2 options to start the sled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom