how to un cork exaust?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will assume that your talking about your LTR450.

When the model first came out and there wasnt any aftermarket exhaust available, we took the spark arrester out, replaced the stock air filter with a twin air filter, kept the lid off and hooked and and custom built a program for the Dyno tek Power Commander.

Didnt like the sound, there was something well the sound was " warbling" It's the only word I have ever come up with. So we took the silincer off and noticed the the exhuast didnt have a smooth even path to follow, there was a shoulder that the spark arrester set against and then forced the exhuast to the out side and through the spark arrester. With it removed most of the exhuast was able to go past the shoulder but some would go around then meet up again and would create a warble sound....

We were also not happy with thottle response and overall proforance. So we took the adapter plate from the spark arrester and welded a ( I believe was a 1 5/8" OD pipe and insertted that into the silencer, it cleaned up the warble and we felt the proformace issues as well.

Once Yoshimira came out with a full exhaust we went that way as there header pipe is larger and they took one bend out in 2007 that may not have made as big of a proformace change but it helped with the over all life as the 2006 models were burning out the roof of the silencer.

All though this sort of works, If you what a good system at a resonable price call Neils Pipes....780-444-7472 ask for Neil...LOL

popoman 500

Reaction score
sounds good ill try that and the guy before me welded the pipen toe the pipe to the engene
and i dont know how to get it off

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cherry bomb extends the rev limit, thats all....now dont take that wrong it's an amazing little add on....the factory settings have a huge fail safe margin in them so it's not an issue on the LTR to extend the rev limit.

PS thats the nice thing about the dyno tek unit it comes with Prower Commandars version of the cherry bomb.

Top Bottom