How to tether helmet cams?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out I won a Drift HD170 helmet cam at the Edmonton sled show. Waiting for it to show up & was reading on some of the issues people have had.

Would like to know or see some pics on how people are keeping these units secured to there helmets or sleds.

Thanks

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the black tie straps or fishing line and attach it to my goggles and front of sled when the mount is on my sled. Works fine.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
small fishing leader, attached to goggle strap. same with my gps which is on a rino handlebar mount. Learned the hard way after 45min of searching when a tree branch nocked it off.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use one of those hang it around your neck type straps you can get for keys and such.

Of course sometimes I try to take my helmet off with the camera still mounted and end up strangling myself. :der:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent seen the model that I'm getting yet but is there a tab to tie off onto? Or you just find a leader & zip tie it on?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent seen the model that I'm getting yet but is there a tab to tie off onto? Or you just find a leader & zip tie it on?

There's a small loop on the back of mine, kind of like the ones on a small normal digital camera. Can't imagine the new Drift is any different.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hd170.

I used .090 weed eater line , double teathered... The mount to the visor screw , the cam to the screw with a quick latch...

The weed eater line I hooked side by side and used wire shrink tube and melted it like to wires.

Strong as fawk too.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had mine tethered to the 1/4 mount on the back. didn't do much good when it ripped the camera body apart when I hit the trees with it mounted on the sled. found it more than a month later after the snow melted

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What length of tether are you guys using? Went to pick up a fishing line leader & there is a dozen lengths. Still waiting for camera to show up & it will be Fri when I leave for my Mtn trip!!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use a little string from mine to my visor. Just make sure the little tail doesn't flap in front of the lens . I lost a lot of footage like that once .

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom