How to sell a sled when theres a ton of the sames ones on the market?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant sell my Pro Rmk at all, not one low ball even. I was priced a bit lower than most before, i checked again and its now flooded and some 2013s are asking like $6000.

No snow in sask, no time to go west. Maybe i should just cut her down to a 146 and run it till its a classic.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drop price, don't expect people to know to make you an offer.
Often starting a sled at slower price yields a better price than starting high & dropping.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
List it on kijiji, usedregina/usedstoon, varage sale, make a new ad, change the description, new better pictures. That's what I did and sold my m8 the day after I put the ad up. If you want something like $8,000, put it for sale for $7,900. That's how I got people. I took 400 less then I wanted on my m8, but hey it's gone. It won't sit around for the summer now.

knh208

Reaction score
Yup. Just sold my 07 M8 last week. Listed lower than everyone else. Had buyers jumping all over it. Sold for $100 less than asking.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some folks from Nevada keep calling me. They say if I send them $290 they will sell my sled. Sounds legit lol

Seems like you either have to give stuff away or trade for something. Would be hard to get enough for a sled to even be worth selling it right now

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant sell my Pro Rmk at all, not one low ball even. I was priced a bit lower than most before, i checked again and its now flooded and some 2013s are asking like $6000.

No snow in sask, no time to go west. Maybe i should just cut her down to a 146 and run it till its a classic.
If you need a quad new ones are not moving trade here in. Unless your are willing to drop your price.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dropped price to to lower than most again, but not stupid cheap. Got an offer... not for him, but a friend. Ill deal with friend if he comes to look at it

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been sitting on my 14 summit for a while now to refuse to give it away but people just dont have the cash lots of layoffs she slow in sask right now

I dropped price to to lower than most again, but not stupid cheap. Got an offer... not for him, but a friend. Ill deal with friend if he comes to look at it

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you can finance someone, it's likely going to sit there. I've had two adds on kijiji, and not even a low ball offer on either. Had a few legit dealers contact me about my 1 ton, saying they'd buy it, and then sell it- simply because they offer financing to people.

Larry the cable guy once said that sometimes you have to right off the truck, to pay for the truck.... wonder what that means??

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just sold both my xp's , and my 11 Pro. Got a Harley for the pro(trading works) the two 09 XP's went as a package and I was hopining for 7500.....got real close. Sold all three in under a week .guess I need too update the sig lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some folks from Nevada keep calling me. They say if I send them $290 they will sell my sled. Sounds legit lol

Seems like you either have to give stuff away or trade for something. Would be hard to get enough for a sled to even be worth selling it right now
Nevada guys are a scam...beware!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I sold my T3 this fall I put it on Kijiji and got low ball offers from legit peeps and offers of trades for Fat Boy Harleys which are probably non legit. You have to persevere till the right guy comes along which finally did for me. Its a tough economy out there right now so pretty small group of people that have cash to spend on toys.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold mine last spring on mountain sledder swapmeet on Facebook it went to a young fellow from Maine. But I wasn't looking for top dollar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swiller

Reaction score
look on sites and compare mileage and year .i bought a13 pro for 6800 with 350 miles on it.lots of sellers ...few buyers .i wouldn't pay over 6-6500 on something that has 1200miles on it ...seems around that mileage u need sliders ,clutch redone.etc ...all those parts add up.most people lie or don't know anything about wear items and think their sled is in mint shape and needs nothing .i looked at about 4 sleds before I bought and all needed work.low mileage it will sell better or high mileage with a lower price.everyone wants the best dollar but in this economy it's very tough .took me a 1.5 years and multiple price drops to sell my rmk 600.put yourself in buyers shoes and ask yourself what u would pay compared to what's out there .

Top Bottom