How to remove drivers on a 2011 xp

CoryP

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on how to remove the drivers to change my track out, I have the chain case all apart, rear skid is out. I can get the drivers to move but not far enough to get out, helpThanks

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you take the disk brake off??

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 $ puller.

yeeep. unless the sled has zero miles on it then the bearing will slide right out from the brake caliper housing.

once you get the brake caliper housing seperated from drivshaft bearing its a breeze. but the puller makes the job quick and painless without damaging anything

CoryP

Reaction score
That's what I am struggling with, removing the disc brake, my sled has 1000km, sounds like I need a puller to remove the brake system from the drivers.Thanks for all the info

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeeep. unless the sled has zero miles on it then the bearing will slide right out from the brake caliper housing.

once you get the brake caliper housing seperated from drivshaft bearing its a breeze. but the puller makes the job quick and painless without damaging anything

I was supposed mine pulled off by hand like nothing with 1100km

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
make your own puller, free. I'll go take a pic of the one I made and post it.

IMAG0087.jpg

Bar is 6" long, so about 3/4"x 1"x 6" bolts are 3 1/5" long. Washers are for adjustment. Disk on the end of bolt is plastic, but a large flat washer or something simular to press on the shaft will work.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled had 2500km on it and I just heated around the bearing and pried it off. If you plan on reusing the bearing keep the heat away from the rubber seal. And when reassembling it again take note that the flange that the bolts thread into inside the tunnel, it has tabs that go into the tunnel and turn and lock into place. I didn't see that and thought I would use the bolts to pull everything in place and broke that flange. Stupid welder!

Sledneck911

Reaction score
just make sure the caliper is coming off evenly or it will bend!! found that out the hard way! 125 dollars for a new one!!

CoryP

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info guys, I borrowed a puller from my local dealer. I am currently putting everything back together.

Top Bottom