How to form an Incorporated company

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me the low down for how to start a small company that is incorporated? Want to form this to run some revenue properties through - any advice appreciated. Cheers.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I bought on of those do it yourself incorporation kits...very easy..step by step instructions...I did mine in thorhild because I lived in Lamont at the time but I'm sure all the registries carry them.

Bogger

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you can get all of the info from a registry office. We did ours through our lawyer and if you know one they can be helpful. You'll need minute books, a corporate seal and some other things. Shares will have to be issued between all of the principals (wife,partners etc). After that it's just an annual thing to file a report. Fairly simply stuff really.

nytrobrad

Reaction score
I went through a lawyer. Cost about $1000.00. If I were to do it again I'd probably try a do it yourself kit, but the first time I'm glad I got a lawyer to do it. Especially if your going to be doing any out of province work. You may need to be extra-provincially registered.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I did see those kits at the Registry annd wondered if they would be good enough. Sounds like a good place to start. Thanks......

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also used a lawyer cost was $900.00 then file the annual return at the registery office for I think its 10.00 per year vs. using a lawyer for a 100.00.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haggis, you should ask your accountant whether you even need to be incorporated. We've owned property for a few years now and all our accountant recommended was a holding company like 1234567 ab ltd
Now that's on commercial, but I doubt houses would be any different.
It was cheaper and less hassle. Just a thought.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you incorporate you can expect to pay about $700 to 1,000 extra each year to prepare your taxes by an accountant
Unless you are making a big business plan with hundred of thousands of Revenue dollars I would keep it simple with a single proprietorship

How are you Big Guy? Are you retired Now?
What's going on with Sledding & You

birdie

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arvic in Edmonton did mine for about $300 a few years back. I do my own accounting now. Taught myself last year with the help of an assistant. She will reveiw my documents at the end to make sure they were done right. Cost for that...about $100.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you Big Guy? Are you retired Now?
What's going on with Sledding & You

birdie

Good to hear from you - took me a few minutes to put a name to Birdie.

Doing well - left Bioniche in Jan with nothing to go to yet. Free time - so thought I may try and flip a house or two. Not retired yet - 2 kids, a wife and morgtage tends to prevent that as yet. You doing any sledding? Still travelling lots?

Al

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
236 for a numbered company 295 for a named company @ accu-search edmonton city center

Top Bottom