how to fix a belly pan?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I just picked up my first 98 rmk 600. after cleaning the bellt pan I know see there is a small crack:eek:. I do not whant this to spread! any sugestions on how to do that? I was thinking of getting some sheet aluninum and just riveting it in.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drill a hole at the end of the crack. it depends where and how big the crack is? the hole should stop it from spreading but with the plastics of today it probably wont spread anymore!

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics?? on my cracked plastic i dill a hole at the end of the crack, then take a piece of 1/8 in sheet metal, put it on the inside, then go to the outside and rivot into the metal, ive done this on mine and can post some pics if you like

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill it.

I have used JB Weld to fill some holes and small cracks. I used a thin piece of brass, part of my belly pan, rivets, and lots of black silicone to redo the belly pan for my secondary when I did the DnR.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics?? on my cracked plastic i dill a hole at the end of the crack, then take a piece of 1/8 in sheet metal, put it on the inside, then go to the outside and rivot into the metal, ive done this on mine and can post some pics if you like

yes please

Top Bottom