How the new ndp govt is downplaying the oilsands.....

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
if they voted New Dummer Crats....maybe they should be penalized...fawking idiots!!!!!!

sometimes its better not to vote than vote stupid and uninformed!

So then, you're saying that the vast majority of the entire province is "stupid and uninformed"? Maybe you need to take a look in the mirror. Sometimes when EVERYONE else looks stupid to you, it's YOU that is the problem.

And for the record, what, exactly, has this NDP government ACTUALLY done that is so freaking horrible? NOTHING!! They sure as hell haven't made any of these big changes that everyone is complaining about! Sure is a chit ton of bitching going on about the new government that hasn't done fawk all yet.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So then, you're saying that the vast majority of the entire province is "stupid and uninformed"? Maybe you need to take a look in the mirror. Sometimes when EVERYONE else looks stupid to you, it's YOU that is the problem.

And for the record, what, exactly, has this NDP government ACTUALLY done that is so freaking horrible? NOTHING!! They sure as hell haven't made any of these big changes that everyone is complaining about! Sure is a chit ton of bitching going on about the new government that hasn't done fawk all yet.

took your advice and looked in a mirror to see if I'm the problem.....nope, it's not me....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Yup BUT it sure funded a whole lot of white Oakley purchases throughout the years.......
Just sayin'

Sure did, and I wish the people of many nations,, er FT Mac& Syncrude the best. Just not a place I'd ever want to go to again.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People get way to worked up and way to divided over politics... At the end of the day no political party cares about us. The right cuts and cuts and cuts while the left spends and spends and spends. At the end of the day we all pay the cost of politics. The whole system needs to be changed. Government officials should be nothing more then administrators and let the people vote on laws rather then voting for parties. Anyone with half a thought should be able to see any system that divides humanity is a disservice to our evolution and in the end is just a popularity contest... All flash no substance.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you actually read any news that isn't CBC? Even the NDP idiots didn't think they would be voted in...hence all "place filler dolts" as candidates. The right vote was split between the Wild Rose and PC....and the idiot party won. God help us. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQafn5GFilg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZqE6tWKYc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYLfow6-bPM

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just listening to way they are talking. Heard the agriculture minister on CBC radio 3 weeks ago. Any one who ever planted a flower garden would know this gent has not got a clue. They seem fine till they open there mouth. Best thing Kmotthead could do is buy a roll of duct tape. As far as the majority of voters that voted NDP many were caught of guard and were registering a protest vote when they voted NDP. I suspect that's why its hard to find anyone who voted for them they are so embarrassed.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Vast majority of the province? If my memory servers me correct they received about 40% of the popular vote, a far cry from the "vast majority"

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if I were a CEO for one of the energy giants I would create a new division for clean energy as that is where the future will be. This way they can continue their core business in oil/gas but be set up for the inevitable.
Just need to move the investment somewhere else. Many places to invest outside Western Canada that offer much better returns for way less hassle. Let's watch what happens over the next 12 - 18 months.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Profits of OVER $500,000. If your TAXABLE INCOME (Profit) is less than $500,000 than you will continue to pay only 3%. It's all right on the Alberta website.

Sounds like you want to penalize your employees for voting how they wanted.

Nope but as I said our business rely's on the oil and gas spin offs, and it's the bottom line that we look at before raises. This year it is a combination of the perfect storm to hurt businesses in Alberta. When the big companies are hurt, the pain is past on to the little companies too.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although it may cost me my position in the oil sands, I am glad to see the slow down. The project world has been filled with little or no experience. Right through from construction, operations, maintenance, engineering and leadership.
Compare this to the housing booms. Poor construction, poor neighborhood designs, little or no creativity and not able to withstand the test of time.
I have privilege to get sneak peeks into the project decision world and I am shocked at how and why the projects move along.
I am not a fan of on NDP, but this change did shake up the big money companies pushing agendas for all the wrong reasons to make their buck and then take off back home. The four years of slowing down is good. It gives us Albertans and Canadians a breather to catch our breath.
My plan is to be a watch dog on NDP, but more importantly figure out what I can do for Alberta in the future to not let this runaway get out of control again.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope but as I said our business rely's on the oil and gas spin offs, and it's the bottom line that we look at before raises. This year it is a combination of the perfect storm to hurt businesses in Alberta. When the big companies are hurt, the pain is past on to the little companies too.

Its amazing the difference in thought process between small business owners and employee's. The owner see's a downturn, notices the slight drop off in business, tries to prepare for longer term hurt, meanwhile the employee is pissed that he only got a 2% raise despite the business being down.

I also run a small business and I feel your pain. The unknown is horrible

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

Ok. That's all fine and dandy. I understand that some businesses are hurting. HOWEVER, in your first post, you stated that you wouldn't be giving raises this year because YOU had to pay 2% more in provincial taxes. I was merely correcting you on THAT point.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tar sands are an open sore on the planet and would be almost completely automated in 20 or 30 years anyway(or sooner). That is the last place id ever go(back) to work.

Water, will be the new "oil" of the 21st century. Reclamation could be a gooder too...
Almost completely automated? Sure theyre trying to automate trucks, but for open pit mines like suncor, syncrude, albian etc thats only a fraction of the work force and i have my doubts theyll even make that work.

Maybe my imagination is lacking and havent been watchin enuf sci fi movies lately but i cannot see an open pit being 90-80-70 or 60% automated.
SAGD now thats a bit more feasible

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish politics didnt have to be so polarized. I see the merits of both sides. I think the oilsands are a HUGE resource that cannot be ignored. But I also think that Alberta should be leveraging them to create a more well rounded economy. The right wing doesnt seem like they care about the environment enough, and are ok with letting foreign corporations come in and pull our resources out of the ground for next to nothing. Yes it creates a strong economy during the good times, but very short sighted in my opinion. The left wing is too idealistic and not realistic at all. We have oil and gas and they are a huge asset. We cant ignore that.

I think a plan that utilizes the resources that are there, but leverages them to the full potential for the residents of the province with a long term plan is the way to go. We should be investing a portion of profits into research and development and "green" energy.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost completely automated? Sure theyre trying to automate trucks, but for open pit mines like suncor, syncrude, albian etc thats only a fraction of the work force and i have my doubts theyll even make that work.

Maybe my imagination is lacking and havent been watchin enuf sci fi movies lately but i cannot see an open pit being 90-80-70 or 60% automated.
SAGD now thats a bit more feasible

Most people lack imagination, that's normal. It is my foresight telling me this stuff though, not my imagination.
Foresight is another quality most people lack. Mainly due to the fact they are just too busy, trying to get by.

In that time frame, we will without any doubt, see robots widely available that can do almost any task a person can do, only way better and 24/7.
This is reality.

Now this is really going to throw a wrench in this whole work for pay paradigm that we have going on here.
So its good to start thinking about it now.

Hopefully I'm wrong though. Lets revisit this thread in 20 years and see whats up? haha:beer:

Last edited:

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I watched the YouTube from Kevin it makes me mad he is full of comments on how bad the NDP are, the Alberta voters decided that it was time for a change what other options was there Liberals. We in the east don't like change so we kept our PC guy.
How many people here on this forum write to their MLA? I have written my federal and provincial quite a few times.
If everyone on here took 5 minutes and wrote a short note to their MLA or the Premier and express your issues I will help

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the retards who voted in the ndp hopefully when you are laid off you go back from where you came. Oleary is so correct in saying biggest issue is they don't have a clue how to govern, rather than raising corp taxes 20% they should have cut them 20% and lowered royalties so companies could hold onto employees and weather this down turn.

Top Bottom