Votes: 8 6.0%
  • No Specific Time, Upgrade as i see fit

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Viper?

Rode one with a 290 kit, mine pulls harder, and not enough handling and ride difference to make me want to change. Maybe for 2016 I hear all new so who knows. The giggle factor of the one I ride has yet to wear off. So till I see something that excites me going to stick with the T-apex.
the new viper didn't handle any better than an apex....that's gotta hurt

geo

Reaction score
I used to buy a new one every year for a looong time. Didn't even register my name on them and took in the original sale paperwork in the fall lol. Always got a smokin' deal on the latest and greatest but more than a couple of times I wished for my dialed old one back but worked out the bugs eventually.
I bought into a Pro in '13 and talked my new dealer down by showing him my past purchases lol..

Well now,,, Unless somehow someway the snow ends up changing, This one is a keeper. I'll need to ride the next one to believe it can be improved upon. It has cost me less to maintain rather than just buy and the bigger deal to me is it is dialed and ready instead of maybe and why did they do this.

Sign me as; Savin,' money and lovin' it by being real in an unreal sport.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My 2006 rt1000 is still running as hard as ever.... Did pistons/rings last year and lotsa regular maintenance over the years.... Just thought i need to upgrade to the summit t3 this year ....... Gettin older and the 1000rt is a bit of a bitch to pull start ;)

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never bought a new sled.
I bought my '10 Dragon used and I spent considerable time getting to know it and getting it reliable. I love the sled for its handling and ease of access and finally the reliability. The new ones are tempting, 'especially the 2015 Doo's, but I am hestitant to buy a new one and have to go through those growing pains again and if you have to fix it, the panels and access is tight.
If I go buy new, it will be a snowcheck and get the kit I want. Might be a little more money, but it will be exactly as I wanted instead of exactly how I found it.

Last edited:

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new viper didn't handle any better than an apex....that's gotta hurt

i didn't say it didn't handle better. I said it didn't handle that much better than the T-apex that I ride. It does side hill easier but is set up for it where mine is set up for nipple deep powder. Same as the advancements all the others have done are great but I don't see anything that jumps out and says I am so much better than the others. JMO

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didn't say it didn't handle better. I said it didn't handle that much better than the T-apex that I ride. It does side hill easier but is set up for it where mine is set up for nipple deep powder. Same as the advancements all the others have done are great but I don't see anything that jumps out and says I am so much better than the others. JMO

What have you done to your turbo apex to set up for nipple deep powder?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a timbersled suspension, limit straps let out, fox float on the front, with about 80psi, zbros rear shock, 162 x 2.5x16 camo extreme. 290 hp wit a boondocker and boost-it. Sidehilling on the hard is a b!tch

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded my ride since I got married. She's a little rougher than when I first picked er up but still cooks real fast and cleans up well. I try and take er out for a ride as often as I can but she doesn't always start first pull anymore.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded my ride since I got married. She's a little rougher than when I first picked er up but still cooks real fast and cleans up well. I try and take er out for a ride as often as I can but she doesn't always start first pull anymore.

Lol. You can eventually bolt on a new set of jugs and big bore your older model. A new clutch kit so that baby can squeeze hard when you get on the throttle. Keep it up to par and flush with new fluids regularly. A wide open intake can see good results but the down fall is excessive noise. Pick your poison I guess. A light weight can is best too, but I'm not sure you can control that.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

ride907AK

Reaction score
I upgrade every year. Always buy used with few miles. Just sold the 2013 pro RMK and hoping to get a 2015 summit t3.

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
I went from 1989 to a 1994 to a 2002 to a 2006 to a 2013 and I just purchased a 2014 all Doo rides. All over the map, basically just always on the look out for a great deal.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll probably run out the warranty on my 14 but I guess it also depends on how many km I put on it and how it holds up. You can't beat pull and go and the peace of mind of knowing it will get you back to the truck. With my older sleds there was always a question mark in the back of my mind.

Top Bottom