How not to mount tires.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek: This is in regard to the "Tire installation" thread

I thought I would post it here since more people would see it in this section

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI38RZ2f6Ls&NR=1[/YT]

Some people are some real tool sheds! All I can say is these people were awfully lucky!

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tire mounting like that before but with one shot of ether not the whole can idiots!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tire mounting like that before but with one shot of ether not the whole can idiots!

hahah we used to do that all the time with tires, but like you said use a little common sense lol. good video though.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Thats great ....... never felt comfortable doing it that way. Still use a ratchet strap.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great ....... never felt comfortable doing it that way. Still use a ratchet strap.

Well there is common sense, and then there is stupidity. The guys in the video are prime example of stupidity with NO common sense.

Using a ratchet strap along with a "little" ether has worked for me many years, from farm equipment to automotive.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder what he's spraying in there, almost comes out like brake kleen or something. I've done the ether thing many times, usually if you spray too much it won't ignite with enough explosivesess to inflate the tire because the air mixture is too rich. especially when it's cold out. too bad the vid doesn't keep going....wonder if they got it seated...lol

Cant_Catch_Me

Reaction score
:eek: This is in regard to the "Tire installation" thread

I thought I would post it here since more people would see it in this section

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI38RZ2f6Ls&NR=1[/YT]

Some people are some real tool sheds! All I can say is these people were awfully lucky!

ha ha a lil to much fluid in there. i do that out in the bush when there is no tire shop anywhere around, but i only spray fora couple seconds.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Think she needs more fluid....and i use the fluid as a torch to light it also usually sounds a like a cat on fire....WOOF...

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Proper way

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSDPHjo1zRU&feature=related[/YT]

Top Bottom