How much better are FOX Shocks then stock ones???

Nagzs

Reaction score
Debating on whether i should spend the money on switching them out on my new 2014 XM.

Thanks for the help,
Ajay

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not a fan of them. They fade away quite a bit. If you are upgrading go Exit, you will not be disapointed.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree never had any luck with the fox shocks. Always broken or leaking. Adjustments are required every 5 degrees temperature change.

I've got raptor shocks all around on my 2014. Tried a set last year and wow! Definitely worth the coin.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree never had any luck with the fox shocks. Always broken or leaking. Adjustments are required every 5 degrees temperature change.

I've got raptor shocks all around on my 2014. Tried a set last year and wow! Definitely worth the coin.

Does raptor replace 3 or all 4? Not that it's a huge issue but does it help with the sag?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does raptor replace 3 or all 4? Not that it's a huge issue but does it help with the sag?[/QUO

they have a shock for all 4. 525 a peice. not sure if there is a deal on a package or not but 2100$ for all. not 100% sure on the sag i only rode the sled with the fronts.

thanks. Gonna check into it.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any quality aftermarket shock will be an upgrade to the stock HPG's.. I run Raptors all around and they work great, had fox floats on my XP and they were an improvement just took some time to fine tune..

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had some friends do a revalve and love it, saves a bit on the wallet, if you have the X shocks.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know why so many are crazy about floats,had some before and did not like them at all..overated imo

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tabster used to rebuild air shocks, added a reservoir and charged them with nitrogen. then they performed sort of like a normal shock....

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll go against the grain and say I really like my Floats. On the same machine, I've had Ohlins, Exit X0's, Exit X1's, Float II's, and Evol R's. As with any shock getting the correct valving is the key..you can make any shock feel like crapola with shoddy valving. Both Exit's I had had poor low speed valving. I kept coming back to the Evol's and have been very happy with them. There is a big difference between the Evol's and the Float's. The Evol's are much more supple and work significantly better on the small chatter than the Float's. It's only my opinion, but to sum this up, you can spend as much as you want, but the end result is the same - an expensive poorly tuned shock will ride poorer than a cheap well setup shock. Another option to consider maybe Elka....they have also entered the sled market and built some pretty sweet stuff too.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been happy with my Evol Rs as well. I think they are alot different than just a straight float though. They give you the ability to run a soft main chamber so they "feel" like a sprung shock, and then have more in the Evol chamber to help from bottoming out. Ive raced buddies with different setups (holz, exit) out down super mogulled trails and my Toms skid and Evol Rs always seemed to work the best.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed with most of the points here. Not a big fan of floats unless they have a remote reservoir. I'm big so it amplifies it, it's essential to be able to set the shock up somewhat soft and use the Evol chamber to eliminate bottoming.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, $1000 from Toms plus shipping, exchange, and taxes. And I live right on the border so I save a bunch on shipping.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Holz and Fabcraft skids just have add on reservoirs. Buddy has a front set on an M-series I think he paid $750 for them new.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I priced a re-valve on the factory shocks from Enzo. Price is high enough that to me it makes no sense, I decided to either go full out with Raptors or do nothing. And ultimately I did nothing.

Top Bottom