How many miles on your 6 Liter

Patman

Reaction score
How do you guys pull up the hours? I know how to achieve this on the Chevy's (hold oldometre button 4 seconds). But no one has shown me how on the Fords yet? Do you have to pull codes to figure this out?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing. Hit the odometer button once and the trip will come up. Hit again and the hrs show

Moose

Reaction score
my dad has put 350000km on both a 03 and 07. And has 140000 on his 09 6.4L

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did everyone with EGR delete experience with symptoms before getting delete, on minethe dash temp gauge shoot to hot and then come down just as fast while aftermarket gauge seems fine when pulling a small load ive had headgasket replaced once already used to blow some coolant out the bottle. Where in Red Deer can I get this EGR delete done and whats the average cost?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did everyone with EGR delete experience with symptoms before getting delete, on minethe dash temp gauge shoot to hot and then come down just as fast while aftermarket gauge seems fine when pulling a small load ive had headgasket replaced once already used to blow some coolant out the bottle. Where in Red Deer can I get this EGR delete done and whats the average cost?

antifreeze constantly needing filled and white smoke out the tail pipe.

GRD

Reaction score
I recently sold my 2006 F350 6L. It had 75,000 kms. It had most of the problems listed for the 6L. Head gaskets, Bed Plate Gasket, EGR Cooler and the Turbo. Most of the work was done around the 50,000 kms mark with the upgraded head bolts. After all the work was done, it was running good, but I did not want to own it when the warranty was done.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 04 F250 has 243,000km on it. Head gaskets at 125,000km, Didn't EGR delete yet (just unplugged it after the head gaskets were done). Replaced FICM at approx. 190,000km. Got an awesome deal on a AIR RAID cold air intake and just put it in last week.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Operator I work around sometimes has almost 800000km on his '03. He said he has done injectors once. No BS. Freakin amazing.

tool_man

Reaction score
Had an 06 for 3 months, bought it with 100k and truck seemed very clean with clean maintenance records. Gave it back to the dealer, and he refunded my entire purchase price including the extended warranty I bought. 7 trips to the dealer in that 3 month period, injector after injector then heads and then fuel pump. Loved the truck though, bought a 6.4L knock on wood no issues yet.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an 06 for 3 months, bought it with 100k and truck seemed very clean with clean maintenance records. Gave it back to the dealer, and he refunded my entire purchase price including the extended warranty I bought. 7 trips to the dealer in that 3 month period, injector after injector then heads and then fuel pump. Loved the truck though, bought a 6.4L knock on wood no issues yet.
That's a good dealer. Wow.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can buy a egr delete kitt in saskatchewan, my cab is coming off next week for the head gaskets, made 198000kms not to bad, not to happy either

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get the bd kit. They are out of bc and you could check there website for a dealer. Also are you putting studs in and what kind of head gasket?

Top Bottom