How many changing plans for BC travel ?

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one goes to Alberta for the scenery

I don’t know man. Pretty amazing scenery north of McMurray. I wouldn’t have believed it was up there if I hadn’t seen it myself.

0d7efca0d8be74fc112c22fa78c0c639.jpg

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might have something to do with the "stimulants" people use at those events.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm not changing my plans. Had no intentions of going to BC this summer and I'm pretty sure I'll still go sledding there next winter.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trouble I see is too much generalizing. Some from BC saying all Albertans are Hillbilly redneck jerks. Some people from Alberta saying all BC'rs are Tree Hugging Hippies. When in fact a lot of us are all the same. Will I keep going to BC? Hell yes! , I will continue to support the local businesses in my Fav play town Sicamous. Will I cringe at the pumps? Sure will. Especially filling my boat on the lake. But I will buy at the local grocery store, liquor store, restaurants, boat repair shops, sled repair shops, golf the local courses, sled the local hills, cruise the Lake, Pay my local taxes, power, water, and propane bill same as always! For those from BC that can't see how we support your economy...Sorry you can't see the big picture. If I offend you by spending my money in your province well sorry! For those from Alberta who are not going to BC because of what is happening on the lower mainland you are only hurting your selves. Its Our Country! Its not BC's private Oasis just the same as Alberta is not our Oasis, and many BC people work here and visit as well. All the bickering back and forth doesn't solve anything. Voting against the hypocrisy in both provinces and Federally is our only solution.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope something drastically changes before next winter its sure along drive to Colorado.
I believe that the federal fishers minister should mandate the immediate decommission of all BC hydro dames. That should have a pretty good effect on the premier and the voters. I am absolutely astonished that they have been allowed to destroy virtually all major river eco systems in BC and continue to do so even today. What a joke, take a tour of Revelstoke dam, they are bragging on the Kokanee stocks. WTF where did the sturgeon go. Oh you can't see those ugly old fish who gives a sh!t about them. All dams have drastic impacts on fisheries what about the Grizzly bears that used to feed on the salmon? No one ever sees a old grizzly starving because the either get relocated to a area where they get kill by other bears or get blamed by the fish cops for being a problem bear for returning to their own territory.
Where the Fu@k is David Suzuki, Elizabeth May and BCs nobody premier on Hydro Dams and there environment impacts. Those stooges can all Kiss my AZZ I wouldn't pis in their ear if their head was on fire.
Alberta ot to shut down the transmission of all dirty power from BC. Fact is even our old coal plants that are being fazed out aren't as hard on the environment as BCs dams.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blah blah blah
Not going to BC. Going to BC but not spending money.
I get the logical comments and support those who choose not to come based on political stand points and what our unfortunate government is doing. BUT to say your coming anyway bit not spending a dollar is pretty contridictive.
Someone make sense of it all and you have my vote.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
totally agree with you. there is no reason to leave a mess. No respect. Maybe charge them for the clean up?
you have got to be kidding me. This is unreal. total pigs. They should make it so that the people that attended that festival never attend another one.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
totally agree with you. there is no reason to leave a mess. No respect. Maybe charge them for the clean up?
The festival would clean it up, part of the operating costs which would reflect in the cost of the ticket so they are paying for it ultimately.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in BC and yes its a beautiful place and that the only reason i stay. Every form of gov is frigging pathetic in this Provence they all need to get their head out of their ass. As a example the fishing they have knowen this problem has been around for 10 or 20 year or more. So why shut down fishing that cost local and small business huge money instead of dropping the limit. If they would have dropped the limit 10 years ago their would be no issue. No offence to the people that fish but do you really eat that much fish that you have to come and fish and fill up a small freezer? Same goes to the natives im all for catching fish for your dinner table, but when you toss your nets in and fill em up and then sell the fish thats not cool. I could easily give another 100 examples of stupid gov in bc without even thinking about it.. LOL

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in BC and yes its a beautiful place and that the only reason i stay. Every form of gov is frigging pathetic in this Provence they all need to get their head out of their ass. As a example the fishing they have knowen this problem has been around for 10 or 20 year or more. So why shut down fishing that cost local and small business huge money instead of dropping the limit. If they would have dropped the limit 10 years ago their would be no issue. No offence to the people that fish but do you really eat that much fish that you have to come and fish and fill up a small freezer? Same goes to the natives im all for catching fish for your dinner table, but when you toss your nets in and fill em up and then sell the fish thats not cool. I could easily give another 100 examples of stupid gov in bc without even thinking about it.. LOL

Anyone who doesn't eat what they have retained is not a fisherman imo. Just senseless waste.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s all a chain. I come to fish and fill my freezer. But it’s all money that goes into that economy. I choose not to eat farmed fish. And believe it or not it is a massive market on the west coast. 80% of the fish you eat from a restaraunt is farmed. Going down the chain though, how long can an outfitter run when gas is $1.50 per litre. Limits are cut, seasons are cut. All your mom and pop fishing shops are affected. It’s so much more than the cost of fuel. There’s meals and hotels. No one wins.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s all a chain. I come to fish and fill my freezer. But it’s all money that goes into that economy. I choose not to eat farmed fish. And believe it or not it is a massive market on the west coast. 80% of the fish you eat from a restaraunt is farmed. Going down the chain though, how long can an outfitter run when gas is $1.50 per litre. Limits are cut, seasons are cut. All your mom and pop fishing shops are affected. It’s so much more than the cost of fuel. There’s meals and hotels. No one wins.

very very true! no one is going to win, but in all reality i have little faith the pipeline will get built! lots of talk but no one willing to walk the walk. lip service till the problem goes away !!

as to my BC plans i have none and don't forsee any in the future.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why would it matter if a fish is farmed or wild??? Id rather eat a grain fed cow over a free range cow.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup i think there is! about 7500 km by vehicle ??? maybe 5000 km by air??

give or take a km or two?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think I'm going to the nearest border crossing and spending some time in Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon this summer.

Right now there is only 4 cents a litre difference from gas in the Crowsnest Pass ($1.27) to gas in the Elk Valley ($1.31). It was a $1.20 at Costco in Lethbridge yesterday. Knothead even has her hand deeply into your pockets and you guys aren't getting a warm fuzzy feeling either.

Top Bottom