How long do SxS's last??

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious how many miles some of these modern things are lasting before guys put them in the rock pile?

I've seen some 2013 and 2014's Rangers advertised on Kijiji with 12,000 miles on them, and honestly they look like pretty good shape yet. Ar the pictures decieving, or do they live this long now??

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tex78 has a high mileage 2008 polaris razor

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, 11000 miles just about now on the old byotch

sent while drinking tea's

sledman22

Reaction score
I have 5600 miles on my ranger that has been farm abused it's whole life and still runs like a dream. The only thing done is a few services and new tires

2016 TURBO RZR XP4

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rented some Rzr' in Cabo last year showed 25000 miles on one

2009 800 Rzr had about 3800 km, great machine no repairs but oil and brakes

2013 900 xp Rzr 5800 km or 6500 I think. Way more repairs done to it plus I drove it way harder. Lots of ball joints and front end parts

2016 Maverick xmr drive it worse than 900 Rzr with 1600 km on it no repairs. So will see how 2017 goes and how long I keep this one.

Mud, pin it, and hold my beer and watch this seem to break stuff.

Enjoy whatever you purchase.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to change my throttle cable last winter because it froze wide open, but that's the nature of using it year round and not having a heated place to park. When we first go it I just about caved the floor in, hung up on a root. Bought a Teflon skid plate that runs front to back and the problem was solved. We use it year round, parked outside and not babied but not abused either. This hunting season was hard on it cosmetically but not mechanically. We use it for family fun, yard work, its pretty much my horse around the farm and for hunting. Not a racer or a jumper but will get you everywhere you need to go. If you have young kids car seats strap in just the same as in vehicals too.
Have you had to do anything to it, aside from normal wear and tear replacement??

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should mention that because I don't have a shop (yet) I do have all the services done at the dealer but other then the throttle cable have never had a mechanical repair bill. Like anything keep them clean and lubed and should work for you for a long time.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all built with the absolute minimal quality of bushings and moving parts to (hopefully) drive off the lot under their own power. After replacing every wear item with top quality aftermarket parts, they will last as they should.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey piston to answer this loaded question as rzr put it...assuming you have equipment and operators, ram rod operators will trash your equipment but the owner op equipment seems to last and last.
i think it's all in how you treat it.
me 12xp 900 3000miles and nothing to repair yet. Oil and re the dif oil each season that's it so far.

Top Bottom