how is a 1998 rmk 700

dglionna

Reaction score
hey just got a 1998 polaris rmk 700 144 y 2 inch track.. took out stabilizier bars people say better handling. what do u guys think... how are they in mountains and everything. how much better is 144 then the 136.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stab bar is a personal thing, you ride in the mountains all the time...alot of sidehilling, alot of people get rid of it and deal with the darting around all over the place on the trails

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
98 700 RMK with a 141 predator track. had some other mods but was a awasome sled and took me to the same areas i ride today, just not in 5 ft of pow:d

98 polaris.jpg

polaris 98-2.jpg

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sway bar is the way to go. Much smoother ride when you hit bumps off camber, and all other good things mentioned above. Wedge is way nicer than GenII . The GenII looks like it's a bloated sled, where the wedge is nice and slim. :d:d

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wedge feels better than the 2nd gen. the 2nd gen feels like riding a boat. and yea loose the swat bar and tighten up the front suspention a little bit

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just recently sold my 97 700 with a 151"

that sled works so amazing with the 151. only reason i got out was because i wanted to spin a bigger track. wish i could have held onto it for the odd ride.

sway bar also out. you get used to the crazy body role on tight turns. it ain't so bad

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were bomb proof sleds, I had one for 4 years. Road the poo out of it too. Had a few troubles with trailing arms breaking but I guess that happens when you are hitting trees at high speed.

It is an older sled but at the time it was what all other mountain sleds measured against. Take that sway bar and throw it in the garbage.

You will have a good time, get to most places everyone else gets too, and you can make fun of everyone who is spending 13 000 grand to get to the same place.

Oh yeah, bring extra radius arms in your backpack, I used to carry a quiver of them with me.

motomike450r

Reaction score
wedge feels better than the 2nd gen. the 2nd gen feels like riding a boat. and yea loose the swat bar and tighten up the front suspention a little bit

Defiantly loose the sway bar and stiffen the front shocks, made a world of difference on my old school sled. Thought I made a mistake until stiffening it up though, was waaaay to "loose".

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had both sled,taking the sway bar out was a inprovement on both as well i used simmons skis on them,best improvement for trail riding

Top Bottom