How hard is it to get an X-package doo without snowchecking?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the title states, I'm looking at picking up a new 163 Summit X in the fall but I'm worried that come fall there won't be any X package summits around. Do dealers tend to order some for stock or is strictly snowcheck only? I'm not really sure if snowchecking is the way to go, I'd rather just walk in with cash and drive away with a sled in the back of truck.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you know you want it and you have $500 why not check it in the spring? Its the only guarantee, you get the Platinum membership benefits, the spring promo options you want and the best price. If you are unsure then you have to take your chances unfortunately.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there are the odd ones that dont follow threw with buying them on snow check. I would say chances of waiting without checking one is maybe 5-7% to get one. They seem to be spoken for.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there are the odd ones that dont follow threw with buying them on snow check. I would say chances of waiting without checking one is maybe 5-7% to get one. They seem to be spoken for.

X2 1 yr you can get them and another forget it. Plus you can get the 3 yr warranty if spring check only, like snopro said it's only 500 bones and it is easier to get rid of one in the full then to find one. Plus if you do find one you will pay retail price. Good luck

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to buy a 07 xrs without snow checking.....was imossible.....i snow checked my freeride....was easy as the special olympics..

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it will be hard. But you may luck out and find one that was checked and for sale as circumstances change and the checker sells it off.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, looks like I will be plunking some money down after my next shift at work (beginning of April).

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dealer ussualy brings in a few extra to sell in the fall thats how my dad got his 2010 in the fall.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? Luke? You on a Doo???

Last couple of years I always saw people trying to back out of snowchecks... No deals though, usually full price.

I heard Gibbons motor toys had extra snowchecks in the past.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dealer ussualy brings in a few extra to sell in the fall thats how my dad got his 2010 in the fall.

pretty sure thats frowned upon by brp and defeats the purpose of snowchecking.

either way x package summits are a hot item. if there are any left you will be paying full price since there are probly 10 people in line for it.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I snowchecked a freeride. It was $16300 and I got 3 year warranty, ABS bag, fuel caddy and platinum owners club. My buddy picked up the exact same freeride halfway through the season from the dealer as someone backed out of their snowcheck and he paid $15800 and got a 3 year warranty and nothing else. Its worth it to snowcheck.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? Luke? You on a Doo???

Last couple of years I always saw people trying to back out of snowchecks... No deals though, usually full price.

I heard Gibbons motor toys had extra snowchecks in the past.

I was waiting for the razzing to begin haha. For 2013 I feel BRP has done their homework, I still don't trust the new cat chassis. But thats another thread.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in some cases yes you can find them, just from guys backing out of the deal and what not.. i know last year we ended up with 5 extras do to that fact. but other then that. they were gone still before OCT 31 when all x model sleds have to be paid in full by.

give me a call, i can see what i can swing ya. and hell could probably work out getting it to you as well..

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like was mentioned, you can find them, but if you are already set on getting one, plop the $500 bucks down and you will know for sure you are getting it. Then you just sit back and twiddle your thumbs the entire summer waiting for that truck to drop your sled off. Should something happen and you can't take the sled, you are on the hook for the $500 you already put down, and you can still pay cash when you pick up the sled.

Top Bottom