How far north we gotta go?

2skis

Reaction score
Anyone of you from Saskatchewan been up north by melfort, nipawin, choiceland or love. We want to go up north this weekend to break in the new skidoos and belts before our mountain trip in 2 weeks. Wondering where the snow is good enough to ride in the fields, tree lines etc.
Thanks!

Megrizzly

Reaction score
I'd keep driving past melfort and onto Nipawin or Carrot River. If your going based on distance, i'd ride to hudson bay and back. None of the trails in the bush are groomed as of this past weekend, but theres enough snow on the sides for lube. Hudson bay was reporting up to 60cm in the bush.

If your more into playing around in the snow, theres probably some good snow along nipawin, white fox, choice land, etc. Just not enough snow for forgiveness from obstacles. Stubble was covered by Carrot last time i was there.

If I had a new sled and had plans for a mountain trip in 2 weeks, I would play it safe and do a tour rather than screw around. You still should wear colours while in the bush since there is an elk season still on.

freezie

Reaction score
Just rode at nipawin last weekend, pretty much go anywhere , good for breaking in the sled. 12"-18" in the fields . No real blown in areas to play in , but we rode for 8 hrs Saturday and got in a quick 3 Sunday before leaving.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head west I have 2.5 feet of snow in my back yard and drifts that are close to 4 feet.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Candle unless has new snow its ok to drive around. I would personally unload at meath park and hit the feilds and stay close to the tree lines. Candles trails and ditches where guys been riding are completely tracked up and hard packed now.

2skis

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone. Think we will be nipawin bound this weekend.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i heard the snow is good around choice land, but the esker trail is supposed to need some more snow.

Top Bottom