How does 1cent cost $1000

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So went out for my first ride on my rebuilt sled today. Only got 1km down the trail and the motor stopped. Towed by my buddy back to my truck....

The plastic oil feed line from the oil pump (which was replaced with a new hose) had a crack in it and starved the cylinders of oil.

One cylinder and both pistons are done. Really not stoked. Anyone how has advice or a piston kit or a cylinder for sale. Let me know.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently have 2 pistons and a cylinder for a 1992 Arctic Cat WildCat. What is your address and I will put them on the Greyhound. Please send the money order to me, I think $400 is fair. It has been good doing business with you

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently have 2 pistons and a cylinder for a 1992 Arctic Cat WildCat. What is your address and I will put them on the Greyhound. Please send the money order to me, I think $400 is fair. It has been good doing business with you

What would you of done if he said "cool thats the exactly the parts i need"? Man that sucks! I know what your going through my new sled blew up on the first ride! And now no warranty:realmad:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So went out for my first ride on my rebuilt sled today. Only got 1km down the trail and the motor stopped. Towed by my buddy back to my truck....

The plastic oil feed line from the oil pump (which was replaced with a new hose) had a crack in it and starved the cylinders of oil.

One cylinder and both pistons are done. Really not stoked. Anyone how has advice or a piston kit or a cylinder for sale. Let me know.

Who did the rebuild?

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to stay positive. It was going to be my girlfriends sled. I built it for her. I just feel like a failure. I was going to run it in and give it to her. She is not aware that i was doing this for her. it was going to be a suprise. she is being supportive with what's happened( as she knows the financial sacrifices I made to build it), but she still cried as the additional cash to build a new top end isn't easy for us. It sucks more as I may have killed Xmas.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as she knows the financial sacrifices I made to build it), but she still cried as the additional cash to build a new top end isn't easy for us. It sucks more as I may have killed Xmas

Damn thats brutal bro sorry!!!!!...........theres always the Alberta Oilpatch ;)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Millenium in Abbotsford and see what they have in stock, they re-plate cylinders and might have something sitting around. Also call Terra Alps, he does big bore Doo motors and might have some stock cylinders, or call Ralph at Split Second or Specialty Sleds.

Not sure what this guy has left but might be an option - 2005 SKIDOO REV 800 PARTS FOR SALE NEW & USED - Vancouver Snowmobiles Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Vancouver Canada.

Alberta based:

rev 800 parts - Calgary Snowmobiles Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada.

NEW CYLINDERS IN 24 HRS. CRANKS, PISTONS, GASKETS - Edmonton Snowmobiles Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton Canada.

If you find something near Cowtown, I can go have a peak for you so you know you are getting quality parts.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn. If this had happened before I sold my sled I would have given you my stock pistons and rings for free. They went with the new owner though.
Good luck with the second time round and I guess if you learned anything double check everything. Hopefully someone can hook you up with a screamin good guy deal on new stuff or good previously enjoyed.

insane customs

Reaction score
Try buck lake bob at west contry leisure he will have some in stock or take offs from a big bore jod and pistons for a good price I had a buddy grab some parts out there to do a rebuild

mtnrev

Reaction score
Hey I'm pretty sure I have a set of very lightly used stock pistons and rings from an 05 800 HO. I'll check in morning when I get home. If I find them their yours free. Coming through Calgary tomorrow afternoon on my way to Revy

Sent from my mobile

Top Bottom