How do you pass the pre-season ?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lately if i'm not ordering sled parts or working on the sled i'm watching sled movies or talking my buddies into buying more sleds...

So what's on your pre-season checklist?

let's see

1- Ordering parts
2- Fixing broken things
3- Modding unbroken things
4- Going back to the gym
5- Cleaning stinky gear from last year
6- Going to sample sales and buying too many pairs of under-armor
7- Watching sled videos, making others watch sled videos, then talking them into buying a sled
8- Looking up web cams every morning and staring at long term forecasts
9- Buying new batteries for the beacon
10- Putting together Muff-pot recipes
11- Smiling at cold rainy days while everyone at work calls you a weirdo
12- Looking for excuses to buy new gear you don't really need
13- Making stupid posts, and spending way too much time on snowandmud. Hoping it'll make the snow come faster
14- Trying to convince your buddies to drive to Colorado after watching Burandt's youtube channel

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buying new truck and four place enclosed sled trailer then checking over the sleddeck cause not making it to the mountain cause of transportation is the biggest piss off in the world

E to the v

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Building a bad-ass, trench-digging, dont-follow-me 1L!

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Now that construction projects are done, I have time to address the pre-season.

1. More time on S&M; start looking at the Regional Forums to maybe plan an early trip and other winter trips (Castlegar, Sicamous, Revy).
2. Patiently waiting for new sled and polishing the wife's sled (it is ready to go but another coat of wax and braap noises never hurt).
3. Beacon checks; new batteries, practise searching, practise searching, practise searching.
4. Helmet check; damn velcro on the Quick Straps never stays over the summer, what's with that?
5. Refresh the seat and elbows of our Klim gear with Revivex, a spray-on water repellant.
6. Getting excited about preparing new sled; foam removal, decal removal, carbide removal, venting, tunnel polishing, etc.
7. Finding cheap premium; pump premium in Elkford and Fernie is $1.37.9, dyed premium in Fernie and Elkford is $1.27.9, Costco in Lethbridge is $1.13.9, Eureka, MT (I will find out today),
8. In my spare time I'm getting into my grandson's sled (2000 Summit 800) and dooing some badly needed maintenance (hood hinge replaced, re-wind chord replaced, carbs cleaned, etc.).
9. Paying more attention to the internet weather.
10. When not dooing any of the above, I'm planning and organizing Mountain Mania V from the Fernie side of things.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
up until this year I did nothing
but now that im BACK, pretty much all of the above is duely noted

watched my first sled vid in 2 years last night - Boondockers 5....wow its a fav of mine
Ryan Nelson has got to be one of the SMOOTHEST pow rider out there....just love watching his parts over and over in all the BD Vid's
Borchers is another fav of mine, but looks like dude is getting into freestyle more now??
I have a couple years of vids to catch up on, so im hoping ill pick a few up at the sled show this weekend

little jittery right now...yes its the coffee, but im about 3 hours away from loading up my new Pro.....super stoked!

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lately if i'm not ordering sled parts or working on the sled i'm watching sled movies or talking my buddies into buying more sleds...

So what's on your pre-season checklist?

let's see

1- Ordering parts
2- Fixing broken things
3- Modding unbroken things
4- Going back to the gym
5- Cleaning stinky gear from last year
6- Going to sample sales and buying too many pairs of under-armor
7- Watching sled videos, making others watch sled videos, then talking them into buying a sled
8- Looking up web cams every morning and staring at long term forecasts
9- Buying new batteries for the beacon
10- Putting together Muff-pot recipes
11- Smiling at cold rainy days while everyone at work calls you a weirdo
12- Looking for excuses to buy new gear you don't really need
13- Making stupid posts, and spending way too much time on snowandmud. Hoping it'll make the snow come faster
14- Trying to convince your buddies to drive to Colorado after watching Burandt's youtube channel

All of those things except I have a beer in my hand while I am doing them!!!!!!!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
diamond drive will be checked and oil done, hcr intake intalled, track lignment checked (she was pulling to the right a little last year), adjustable riser, stitch up the hood from last years war wounds........i think thats about it

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chasin these around till freeze up !

Attachments

• smP1015383.jpg
    smP1015383.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 239_640x425.JPG
    239_640x425.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 126

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fishing and drinking beer
Golfing and drinking beer
Hunting.........drinking beer afterward
Camping and drinking beer..... oh and lets not forget drinking beer and drinking beer:D:beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom