how do u clean clutches on a 04 600 summit HO

Sumit 600 HO

Reaction score
how would u clean the clutches without bringing it to a shop please tell all cleaners and tools needed all help would be helpful:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You pull the clutches then clean them out. You would need a clutch puller for the primary, secondary should just pull off on that model I believe. You would also require a compression tool to release the tension on them to facilitate taking them apart as well as the three clips to hold the clickers together.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with pulling the clutch is pulling it.B.R.P clutches stuck on
there real well.For easy clean up I been using scotch brite pads and brake
clean for clutche surface and compress air to blow out the internals soap and
water to wash the belt and air dry the belt .I hope this helps!:d

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with pulling the clutch is pulling it.B.R.P clutches stuck on
there real well.For easy clean up I been using scotch brite pads and brake
clean for clutche surface and compress air to blow out the internals soap and
water to wash the belt and air dry the belt .I hope this helps!:d

i find if i go for a rip just before i want take the primary off... the rip warms it up and it pops right off with little ease

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I"ll give atry other wise I was going to use dry ice to cool it then pour
hot water on it your way more fun !

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taken it for a rip helps with the belt to. Scotch pad on the faces then clean with acitone. If primary does not come off easy with proper puller, under tension, give the end of the puller a tap with a hammer and they usually pop off. If they are real hard that can be because when it was put on last time it was too lose and it spun on the crank or it was too tight.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could also remove outer half of clutch,make sure you highlight alignment marks with black felt marker for reassembly.if it won't come apart take rubber hammer put between sheaves tap handle with hammer will push halves apart.

Top Bottom