How do I get my gfs m1000 to get lighter steering feel

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look up "Geo mod" on this forum. It involves relocating front arm to lower bolt hole in tunnel (has to be drilled from inside, but bracket is there), and moving top of rear scissor forward and up from present mounting point on drop bracket. No parts required - measure twice, drill once. If you can't find it, PM me.

Looking at his picture he posted their sled is a 09,the Geo mod was to fix transfer on the 07 skid.

Darrell262

Reaction score
Website
www.calculatedrisk.ca
I just wanted to pipe in, I have an 08 m1 and I did not like the front end, or the way it handled the bumps and steering was tougher then it should be. I cranked up the front spring on the front of the rear suspension all the way and I also drilled a hole in the tunnel 1 inch down from the stock position on the front part of the skid. and yes we had to drill out pop rivets to move the supports. It made turning the ski's alot easier, it took out some of the dartyness of the ski's and made it easier to side hill. I found that the front limiter strap at its loosest setting isn't fully tight when the suspension is in the air (front shock on the track doesn't have enough travel in my opinion) One draw back to drilling the hole 1 inch lower in the front is when I climb up hills with the sled it lifts the ski's alot higher, or depending on if that is a good quality lol.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at his picture he posted their sled is a 09,the Geo mod was to fix transfer on the 07 skid.
The geo mod was used on both the 07 skid,and the float skid. Two separate (different) procedures. On the float skid, the mod mimics the holz skid geometry.

Top Bottom