how can i make my quad louder?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its so funny how everyone bash's a kid for wanting a loud machine when 90% of us on here have some machine thats louder than stock. We've all got pipes or cans on something. I totally understand that it pisses people off in residential areas and thats where the kid will learn the hard way to tone it down around houses. When your back in the bush, who cares. A little common sense goes a long way. Just my .02
Yes but these young kids DONT know how to ease the throttle in areas where there are people or at lake areas. Lots of people doing that at my place till we put a stop to it. So take your loud pipes some where else.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess there learning the hard way in your area. I totally understand what you are saying, i just don't think the bashing is necessary.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got a DMC alien on my 440ex im not sure if they made it for the z400 however its discontinued now, it sounds good and is extremely loud and if you dont like that, too bad

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want it louder, just take all of your exhuast system off the bike!!! Loud yes, bad for the engine and a fire hazard yes, but damn loud. After you tried that put it back on and stop pissing the neighboors and wildlife off. Grow up and have some respect for nature and other people use the muffler!!
If you have a very loud system and go riding with others, ever notice how NO-ONE likes to ride behind you, think about why..

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly loud isn't all that better, if you are wanting it for a "loud is cool" factor, you are best off loosing that train of thought.

There is a difference, LOUD and obnoxious just because you think its cool,.. or do you want to add a performance exhaust,.. which is usually louder, like a Muzzy or Hmf.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont get an hmf they sound so gay and have only mild gains, if you want powerful, still sounds good, and is still one of the loudest pipes out there get a curtis sparks x6

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont get an hmf they sound so gay and have only mild gains, if you want powerful, still sounds good, and is still one of the loudest pipes out there get a curtis sparks x6

if you want power gains buy a bigger quad.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want power gains buy a bigger quad.

o trust me im not lacking any power, and not all of us can afford to buy a bigger quad so we just add stuff to ours to make them more powerful

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a cobra on my honda its a little louder then stock and helps proformance. but theres nothing i hate more then meeting some one on the trail, that i can hear comming 2-3 hunderd meters away, that i can hear their quad over mine. even if mines at 3/4- full throttle. i just want to walk over, beat them upside the head, ram their head into their tail pipe and rev it wide open till the motor blows and then say "is your quad loud enough now"
the main reason for my opinion is my wife has very sensitive ears. and we can be having the best day and after somebody with a stupid loud exhaust goes by, all i get is "lets go home, my heads killin me"

i dont mind aftermarket exhausts, like i said i have one but please just keep it within moderation.

hate me if you want but opinions are like azz holes we all have one

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a cobra on my honda its a little louder then stock and helps proformance. but theres nothing i hate more then meeting some one on the trail, that i can hear comming 2-3 hunderd meters away, that i can hear their quad over mine. even if mines at 3/4- full throttle. i just want to walk over, beat them upside the head, ram their head into their tail pipe and rev it wide open till the motor blows and then say "is your quad loud enough now"
the main reason for my opinion is my wife has very sensitive ears. and we can be having the best day and after somebody with a stupid loud exhaust goes by, all i get is "lets go home, my heads killin me"

i dont mind aftermarket exhausts, like i said i have one but please just keep it within moderation.

hate me if you want but opinions are like azz holes we all have one

Very well said Mallard , i have nothing more to add !!

Top Bottom