how can i make my quad louder?

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this guy wants loudest and lots of you guys are saying loud enough, i understand that there is loud and stupid and loud but sounds good, if you want loud and stupid straight pipe it, but if you want loud and sounds good get one of the pipes i told you about in a previous post, i could never get sick of my pipe, its loud and sounds amazing

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like loud pipes saves all the deer and stuff in the bush during hunting season BRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAPP and the eco sounds really cool in the bush too.... I dont got an FAC so I got a pipe keeps most the bears away kinda a nice thing when you ride in bear country.

Cheapshot

Reaction score
Website
stxscr.proboards30.com
You know there are reasonable people out there who have loud pipes...I have an HMF on my Grizzly, its actually way too loud, I've gotten pretty good at tapping it cool when I'm near civilization. Don't worry about ragging on the guy cause he wants a loud pipe, he'll figure it out. I did, and I'm sure lots of you did too.

Anyways, On the Suzuki's in this neck of the woods the popular/hot pipe set up seems to be the yoshimura pipes, Sound good, decent gains. That pipeshootout from DW should be a really good starting point. If it comes to Dollars and Cents, just creep ebay, if you're paitent the right pipe will come up at the right price I promise you that.

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all this talk I guess half of the people that bashed this kid should listen to ther own machine , not loud to them but probably REALLY loud to the the guy next door who just wants to enjoy the Great Outdoors. Quit bashing and clean up your own act.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
ive got a DMC alien on my 440ex im not sure if they made it for the z400 however its discontinued now, it sounds good and is extremely loud and if you dont like that, too bad

And when the area resident convince the county council to close down the area to atv because they are sick and tired of your noise then "if you dont like that, too bad"

Apextenn

Reaction score
As far as i am concerned haveing a loud toy not matter what it is is like driving a corvette you are compensating for lack of something else. Not to rag on everyone but from trucks to bikes to quads to sleds louder is never better it just pisses of thoes yuppies in town and then they decided to bring in laws that affect everyone even the people with factory units. Not to rant to much but seriously anyone that has a cummins diesel is it nesssary to straight pipe it then at every corner intersection you name it honk on it and piss everyone off while your cool stacks pump gobs of black smoke this is again going to affect everyone as some yuppie in the city will put in a law that you have to get your truck inspected every year to make sure it passes emmisions etc. Just my .02 cents. Oh and loud pipes dont save lives instead put your money into campaines that make drivers aware of bikes etc.

ghglenn

Reaction score
If there aren't noise restrictions (db's or decibels) on the books in AB, there will be sooner than later... As stated earlier, louder does not equal better.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And when the area resident convince the county council to close down the area to atv because they are sick and tired of your noise then "if you dont like that, too bad"

well then I will find somewhere else to ride

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and so will everyone else that used to ride in the area but are now sol NICE but I guess it is all about you, right

look in any public riding area that I have ridden in nobody had a problem with how loud my pipe was. unless I was riding at night which only happened once

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were only young once. when you grow up you can then make the decision to have quiet pipes. if u make laws it wont stop us young people. tinted windows are illegal but every second young kid still has them. there are so many more examples out there. unless you drive in a heavily populated riding area i dont think its a big deal.

Apextenn

Reaction score
I know the young once and i am only 25 and had the same opion as you but for the motor sports i love it is really expanding as more and more people are getting quads, snowmobiles etc every year which i think is great to see the sport expand but with these increased numbers you get increased numbers of off road vehicles that are driving by residential areas and when they her brap brap brap even if it is one in 100 going by it bothers them and they bring in bylaws etc. Then the cops have to spend their time stopping people on atv's etc and giving out tickets instead of doing important things like stopping theft, domestic disputes etc. All i am saying really is public opionon on ATV's, sleds etc are getting worse and worse every year as the media always reports on injuries etc and i am sorry to say their are allot more people out their without toys then with them and they can bring in laws that make it so it is almost not worth having toys as we have to drive x amount of km to even use it. I know i sound like a angrey old man and believe me it is the farthest thing from the truth i love to have fun etc but not at the expense of others.

Top Bottom