How big are the differents between the xm and 2011 xp

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says is the differents between huge,
or can you change out the track and skid and get it to handle close to a xm.
I see some of 2011/12 e-tec selling within my price range.

crosroads

Reaction score
I put the t-motion in my 2012. Jumping back and forth between mine and a buddies xm, there is not a big difference. There's a little spot where it hesitates but it's barely noticeable. I didn't change the track. I've been told the spindles make a bigger difference then the track.

crosroads

Reaction score
There's a spot as your leaning it over to carve that it take a little more effort to get it to lay over all the way. I didn't notice it at first until the buddy with the xm mentioned it. Not really noticeable. I've been told it has more to do with the new spindle geometry ten the flex track. Laying his xm over in the parking lot you don't see the track flexin much at all

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find a big difference, i found the xm way easier to pull over than the xp. i found that the front end to feel heavy compared the the xp.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The changes made are all minor, but combined they make for a much different and improved chassis. The spindles, skis, skid, track, steering post location, footwells farther forward, shorter seat, a little storage, tilted gauge, cleaned up bar controls. You can add the narrow stance, Tmotion and scissor relocate brackets to a XP and it will help the handling tremendously, but if you do all these things, plus the post forward, spindles etc....you might as well just buy the XM for a similar amount of $$ and have a fresh warranty and better resale.

Top Bottom