How are the 2005 brutes?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought mine a year and some ago with 200 KMs more better tires, full snorkels, radiator relocation and a proper jetting for $1,000 less than that.....just saying

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05 suck compared to 06's.... 05 have more wiring to fix [ buss conector at the back ] ... they have heavy steering [ something to do with the front geomitry ] ... they are the same other wise... oh and some 05's don't have a carb primer which can be a pain to start when it has sat for a while or in the winter...

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05 suck compared to 06's.... 05 have more wiring to fix [ buss conector at the back ] ... they have heavy steering [ something to do with the front geomitry ] ... they are the same other wise... oh and some 05's don't have a carb primer which can be a pain to start when it has sat for a while or in the winter...

If you are going to buy a brute I would look for the best deal u find on an 07 or newer, they have even less issues then 05 -06 ones. That's just my opinion, I personally would buy an 08 with the fuel injection if money permits. It might cost u a little more , but its worth it if u ask me. My buddy just bought an 07 and wishes he would have spent a little more on the 08 FI model

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well i see it the other way... no pull cord on a fuelie.... plus way more chit to go wrong with mositure ect on a fuelie too...

i'll keep my carbed one and pull the fuelie back all the time thanks...

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well i see it the other way... no pull cord on a fuelie.... plus way more chit to go wrong with mositure ect on a fuelie too...

i'll keep my carbed one and pull the fuelie back all the time thanks...

I love my carbed brute, my bros EFI atv has troubles starting in the winter when its cold and sitting. I can always get mine started as I dont need the battery to be at 100% with a carbed unit....

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 09 fi brute, lots of power, no fiddling with a choke.

My friend has an 07 and every time we need to use the pull start it breaks. So he siliconed the pull start closed and took out the cable. What good is it if it breaks before you can start it?

Sent from my white iPhone 4

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 09 fi brute, lots of power, no fiddling with a choke.

My friend has an 07 and every time we need to use the pull start it breaks. So he siliconed the pull start closed and took out the cable. What good is it if it breaks before you can start it?

Sent from my white iPhone 4

Wait till winter, they are right about the fulies being hard to start. Although it has to be below -30 for mine not to start, then I just use my boost pack and fire it right up.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait till winter, they are right about the fulies being hard to start. Although it has to be below -30 for mine not to start, then I just use my boost pack and fire it right up.

I don't know bout the rest of ya but if it's -30 im not to concerned about my quad starting. That's to cold for this guy so I understand it not wanting to start.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know bout the rest of ya but if it's -30 im not to concerned about my quad starting. That's to cold for this guy so I understand it not wanting to start.

don't have to be -30...........-20 with a cold wind feels like -30, even for a quad.....

I get your point though. :d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use my 06 KVF 700 year around for work and it starts no problem when its -30. I really try to stay indoors when its that cold though.

Top Bottom