House window cleaning

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need S&M help with window cleaning. It seems i fail at it badly. I just can't seem to get it right, looks clean till the sun shins through then "BAM" streak ville appears.
Been fighting with this forever. Teach me pls, what em i doing wrong?
OR
What is your technique in window cleaning success?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need S&M help with window cleaning. It seems i fail at it badly. I just can't seem to get it right, looks clean till the sun shins through then "BAM" streak ville appears.
OR

I let the wife do it.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OR
Water /vinegar and a good squeegee. Spent a summer when I was a kid working for a Korean gas station owner who would not tolerate any streaks or bugs left on windshields.

Got pretty good at it, still remember his voice every time I clean a window or windshield, "bugs, bugs, bugs, you miss you 30%guy."

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my windshield changed by All-West Glass. They gave me a can of their glass cleaner... wow does that stuff work good. I went back to get more of it, and i was in a line up of people buying the same stuff. So if you can find some .. All-West Glass cleaner.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Windex diluted down with hot water.
Use a squeegee, with every pass wipe the rubber with a paper towel.
Wipe up any residue left on the window with paper towel.

Last edited:

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my windshield changed by All-West Glass. They gave me a can of their glass cleaner... wow does that stuff work good. I went back to get more of it, and i was in a line up of people buying the same stuff. So if you can find some .. All-West Glass cleaner.

thats all i use to its great stuff a little pricey but worth it.. i also use it for cleaning the dash of the truck does a great job cleaning as well

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats all i use to its great stuff a little pricey but worth it.. i also use it for cleaning the dash of the truck does a great job cleaning as well

I think they make more money selling that stuff than changing windows. I wish i knew who made that stuff.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use all west glass or invisible glass and dont use cheap paper towel, find the blue heavier ones work better, and i have good luck with no streaks

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, i going to try a couple of these and see what happens. Spring cleaning, you got to love it, windows and gutters are the worst pita for me.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use windex or whatever we have and newspaper( flyers dont work as good) , it doesn’t leave streaks or dust that paper towel does.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife’s uncle/aunt run a custom glass shop.

They love this Window vac and gave us one. Say it’s a game changer.

My Wife loves it and windows look good!

I haven’t had to try it ...,

3c1567a0921b8284d77b7338e5593274.png

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Water /vinegar and a good squeegee. Spent a summer when I was a kid working for a Korean gas station owner who would not tolerate any streaks or bugs left on windshields.

Got pretty good at it, still remember his voice every time I clean a window or windshield, "bugs, bugs, bugs, you miss you 30%guy."

That's what we do now except I add just a drop or two of dish soap to cut any oil. Just did ours today and they are crystal clear. Should be good for another day before the little window lickers destroy them again

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some body on here mentioned deluted Windex with warm water, so did that using a squeegee with news paper finish wipe for residue and wow it worked well.
Got them all done including the ones i have to climb the ladder with LOL. THX.

I even had enough time to switch out the wife winter tires to her summers. Now I can have the day tomorrow for me LOL. Maybe a short road trip on the bike.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what we do now except I add just a drop or two of dish soap to cut any oil. Just did ours today and they are crystal clear. Should be good for another day before the little window lickers destroy them again
I had heard Sunlight dish soap and bit more than a couple drops. Try to clean when sun isn't hitting windows full on.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had heard Sunlight dish soap and bit more than a couple drops. Try to clean when sun isn't hitting windows full on.

Yeah we probably use a little more than a drop or two. Have heard if you use too much it can lead to streaking

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use the wife's Enjo. blue mitt wet to clean, blue cloth to dry. no chemicals. have never had glass this clean and streak free.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife picked up these fancy Norwex window cleaner cloths and they work really well, no streaking. With a 3 year old they get a workout on the inside of the windows. I usually use some soap and water and then finish with the cloth on the outside windows as they can get pretty dirty.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom