Hotel vs Holiday trailer

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slow driving

145 (1) A person must not drive a motor vehicle at so slow a speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

(2) If the driver of a motor vehicle is driving at so slow a speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, a peace officer may require the driver to increase his or her speed, or to remove the motor vehicle from the roadway to the nearest suitable place and to refrain from causing or allowing the motor vehicle to move from that place until directed to do so by a peace officer.

If you can't safely operate your travel trailer/truck combo at highway speeds, keep it at home.

One man's opinion.

OUCH!!! I felt like you held back there alittle.LOL

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm not one for hotels any more. They disgust me :mad: Most of the house keeping stalf doesn't understand or speek english because the word "clean" isn't in their vocabulary. It's scary the ch!t you don't see until you start looking. My miniture dachshund will find anything within 3 minutes. Mouse traps under the bed, mouse nests in box springs, bed bugs, pills under furniture, etc. Never noticed alot because we never had a pet with us before. These are just some of our experiences we've had. We will take our holiday trailer over a hotel any day :d

Just my :twocents:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with many that have stated the 5th wheel is the way to go. we have overnight camped in a lot of roadside turnouts and truck parking areas....I just can't bring myself to park for the night by 6pm to get a campsite spot.

thought we were ahead of the game by always staying in the 5th wheel until last year when it broke a leaf spring....when we got it to McCoy's in Edmonton our cost savings pretty much went down the stinky slinky. running gear should be good for a few years now tho...lol

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my family go out to the west coast every year for 2 weeks holidays and hotel always .Were debating this year taking are fifthwheel out to stay in rather than hoteling it. But when i way the cost differences out it just doesn't seem worth dragging it out there. What i'm just looking for is if anyone has done both and how they felt about trailering out there vs hoteling it. We have nice site booked at fort langley bc with all possible hook ups.
Thanks

Just my opinion. You own the truck and have some motor work to it for towing, You have a comfortable 5th wheel. Why not use them?. They are no good at home.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends also if you go to the island,.. it's gonna cost you about $500 one way for vehicles and occupants just to cross on the ferry.

If you are just touring the mainland area,.. take your trailer

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends also if you go to the island,.. it's gonna cost you about $500 one way for vehicles and occupants just to cross on the ferry.

If you are just touring the mainland area,.. take your trailer

The ferry ride is not that expensive, unless you have a monster trailer. For us to cross is under 300 each way. 37 foot 5th wheel on a megacab. Total length is 57 feet when pinned up. 47 dollars for the first 20 feet, 5.35 per foot after that plus 14.25 per person.

http://www.bcferries.com/files/fares/pdf_format/BCF_Fares.pdf

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom