Hot Wheels....post your pics

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I replied to the old thread but I guess it's gone so you all get to see my heaps again.

I'm kind of like Joholio, I like old crap. Not a big HP guy, but I like to make 80 year old vehicles fast for what they are.

My main bitch is my '28 model A coupe. It's been off the road for almost 7 years and I've collected enough crap to build it three different times over (changing directions before starting the rebuild at least). Now I've settled on a direction so I hope to be starting on it again soon.

95770-1248882450-31bc321fc026e9a10fe4ab6ad523f874.jpg

I sold my '49 Ford tudor back in the spring after three solid years of flogging it. What a reliable car this was. Stock flathead topped with two carbs and headers running into 1-3/4" straight pipes...no better sound.

4.jpg

Then, after promising myself I wouldn't buy anything else after selling the '49, I drove 9 hours into south SK to pick up this pile. 1961 Chev Apache. I've been in love with thus generation of GM truck since I was a teenager buuuuuut the time just wasn't right and I just wasn't feeling it, so it's already been sent packing as well.

20150910_211401_resized.jpg

And although I sold this '94 back in 2007, I miss it a lot lately. It was super clean (that's original paint) inside and out. 454/700r4 (the reason for selling it, keeping It fed was brutal).

304099-1309296948-34e2c6f15063b0a1085f1005fabf0884.jpg

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent got anything to post as of yet but have been getting increasingly more serious about diving into doing a resto mod.

Dream car for this guy is a 62-64 drop top continental, seems to be hard to find a decent ride at a decent price for a starting point in canada. If any of you car guys ever come across somethin like that shoot a guy a pm, itd be much appreciated.

Somethin about the thought of a bagged lincoln slow rollin, top down, makin memories w the wife and son has me sold on eventually gettin one done up right

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a '62 or maybe '63 Lincoln Continental two-door hardtop on red Deer kijiji forever this past summer, running/driving car for $4500 or something like that. Impressive boats for sure...but be careful, some of the parts for those big old luxury liners are either really spendy or made of unobtanium (example, the front brake drums for those year conti's are near impossible to source and many guys have to buy expensive aftermarket disk conversion kits)

Best of luck dude, hope you find one.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a '62 or maybe '63 Lincoln Continental two-door hardtop on red Deer kijiji forever this past summer, running/driving car for $4500 or something like that. Impressive boats for sure...but be careful, some of the parts for those big old luxury liners are either really spendy or made of unobtanium (example, the front brake drums for those year conti's are near impossible to source and many guys have to buy expensive aftermarket disk conversion kits)

Best of luck dude, hope you find one.

Ya ive read parts can get spendy (pw, convertible top n parts, etc) but ive basically already made my mind up lol. As for brakes my plan was for disc all around, as well as an upgraded powertrain at some point
Set on suicide doors n drop top tho. I scour kijiji and stop at resto shops quite often. Just not alot out there unless i look at importing stateside and our dollar is to pathetic right now to consider that, unless an unreal deal came around.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. There's a car I've been "following" down in California that keeps coming up for sale lately and the dollar difference is ludicrous :rant:

I'm trying to stay off Kijiji in a vain attempt at not buying anything new till the coupe is back on the road.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sweet razor back! It wouldn't be for sale would it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my 73 Javelin. Sold it a few years back but it was a fun car. Built it myself, motor too. Had a 401 pump gas engine and drove it daily. Ran a best of 10.58 @ 126.4 at Castrol in Edmonton. Sorry about the pics, old pics of pics. It's all I got, sold it long before digital pics, LOL.
Oh oh I remember the tail lights of that nos burning beast! 436 ford 7.06@98 in 1/8 mile. 3690lbs

Last edited:

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Captainjacksparrow was a real threat on the street. Tried for years to get past that nasty javelin. He was always a step ahead. Lol. Ahhhh the good ol days!

Last edited:
Top Bottom