Hot Tubs

hmmc

Reaction score
What kind of hot tubs does everyone have and the pros and cons of brands, store support etc. This is my first one so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
what kind of hot tubs does everyone have and the pros and cons of brands, store support etc. This is my first one so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

there is another thread in one of these forums about types of hot tubs....... You might do some searching??

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of hot tubs does everyone have and the pros and cons of brands, store support etc. This is my first one so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Dynasty spas nononononononono....no! I have a brand new one I'll sell ya for $14000.00 just what I paid. I'll even deliver it to your door!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont need one ....Just got good neighbors :d:d:d theres is blue and it works

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We bought ours through Home Depot. It was made in BC. Can't remember the name of it off hand.Very good one. Paid about $ 7000, 7-9 person,Total Pool and Spa delivered it and set it up. Have had no problems with it since we bought it in 2001. We use it almost every night through the colder months. In summer we drain and clean it and leave it empty until about September.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before,.. in some instances, you can write off a % for income tax if used as medical apparatus.

costs of devices or equipment for use by the patient that are prescribed by a medical practitioner, and are of a "prescribed" kind as listed in the Income Tax Act Regulation 5700, Medical Devices and Equipment. See the Income Tax Act Regulations Part LVII Medical Devices and Equipment. Some of the prescribed equipment includes wigs, needles and syringes, orthopedic shoes and inserts, hospital beds, breast prostheses, and talking textbooks. Note that a hot tub can be considered a prescribed device under the Income Tax Act, if it is purchased on the advice of a medical practitioner. A 2003 Tax Court of Canada case (Donahue v. The Queen) ruled in favor of a taxpayer who had purchased a hot tub on the advice of his physician, in order to alleviate his suffering from severe chronic back problems. The hot tub qualified as a device that is designed to assist an individual in walking where the individual has a mobility impairment. The appellant in this case was able to walk unassisted after using the hot tub, where previously he had to use canes. For more information on this, talk to your physician and a tax advisor.

I was advised by my doctor and chiropractor it probably would be a good idea for me to get one,.. but of course the wife says,.. we have 2 jacuzzi tubs, WTH do we need with a hot tub :)

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the Arctic Spas 8' Tundra LSE. I like it cause each corners jets are different and there is 75 jets. It has a waterfall and a scent diffuser and is good for tall people.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the Arctic Spas 8' Tundra LSE. I like it cause each corners jets are different and there is 75 jets. It has a waterfall and a scent diffuser and is good for tall people.

Is it not Artic that has there factory just on the out skirts of Calmar????

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do not get get a salt water one from arctic spa....they suck!!!!! Arctic spa i think makes good hot tubs but the salt water one is a pain in the azz......imo...

they tell u it needs no chemical, bullshirt....
they tell u its maintainance free... bullshirt..

and changing out the 39.00 filter 11 times in a yr....not cool.....when they say twice a yr is enough, after paying 13k...for it....not that im bitter....

Honda619

Reaction score
Dynasty spas nononononononono....no! I have a brand new one I'll sell ya for $14000.00 just what I paid. I'll even deliver it to your door!

I agree! No customer service- poorly insulated- my own fault as I didn't research enough.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote is for Artic Spa's on 170th St. in Edmonton. My tub came with my house which was made/sold by Beachcomber Hot Tubs on 118th Ave. I was not impressed at all with Beachcomber. In the beginning everytime I went there looking for support/answers for issues I was having in learning to care/maintain my hot tub I got a different answer and it was usually I need this or that chemical. They to me seemed more interested in pushing chemicals than actually solving my problem. Everytime I left there I never felt satisfied with their service. In desperation one day I went to Artic Spas and they were great. Helped me out, gave me straight honest answers. I've always felt like they were honestly trying to help me solve a problem, not just trying to sell me something. I found out a few weeks ago that a guy I used to work with in another industry is working there, Bill Wiley, go and see him, he is GOOOOOOD. He has been in the hot tub business for a lota years.
I am in no way associated with Artic Spas other than I have been a very satisfied customer.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an Artic Spa and my brother has a beachcomber...both have been excellent tubs and service has been good from both places. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never have liked sitting in a hot-tub for more than 5 minutes. As a mechanic in the oilfield i get exposed to allot of nasty crap and after a bath i want that stuff to go down the drain!! A shower before i get in dosnt cut it, the oil and gunk is still in my skin and under my nails and crap and i just dont want anyone else to have that floating around.

That being said a sauna is wicked cause i sweat all that crap out into a towel and my sore as f@#k back loosens up. I am going to build one this winter in my shop and install it on the deck outside so you get the hot and cold burst!!

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out full lotus metals. He has a proto type to me that should be in production would be awesome can take it campin with ya. But i just sold our infinity spa. Nice but no local support

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a beachcomber and it has worked flawless my dealer has been great even with it changing ownership. I would honestly recommend them.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i Have seen Badger daylighting vactruck in Tumbler ridge with sleds inside the vac truck and the boiler rigged to run the hot tub on a trailer.
to each there own and ya Paul was there.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a sweet tub! For the cabin, she’s a wood burning unit all Aluminum takes about 4 hours to heat it up no chemicals just pull the plug let it drain and makes for a nice rink out front and in the summer just fill her up grab a Kokanee & the girl next door, your good to go :d
Van / Island area Alumi-Tubs Inc

IMGP0500-Copy.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
top is supossed to be level! side is supossed to be straight! couple reasons why not to buy the big dog dish!

Attachments

• IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1824.jpg
    IMG_1824.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom