Horsey Creek

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Avalanche danger at Horsey Creek is extreme. Lots of places to get trapped. Search and Rescue is not even allowed to perform rescues there - too dangerous. If you ride there you are basically on your own. Most of the locals don't ride Horsey until the avys come down.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a few rigs parked there last weekend ,so I'd assume they have been in there. Personally, I'd wait and let the snowpack settle down before venturing in.

edge8

Reaction score
Rode there last March early on. Never been there before went with someone who had rode before, there were six very expericnced riders. The weather was great snow cond. was great. Once we got up waterfall and in that first valley is a reall eye opener. There is a lot of very big wide open climbing in there, but all the climbs are traps at the bottom no place to go. LISTEN TO THE LOCALS ADVICE. Not a place to learn mountain riding. There are lots of other places to ride safely. We were the only ones in there that day, you truely are on your OWN. The dangers of paradise truely are extreme. For myself will ask do I really need to go back. Just my story please ask around and LISTEN TO THE LOCALS.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends went last weekend, shoveled and spent most of the day on the creek. Never got to the top, not enough snow for the last to crossings. After about 5 hours they were about 2/3 of the way up but ranout of snow:(

AJW

Reaction score
There is a guy that lives basically on the logging road that you drive down to the staging area (if you can call it a staging area, we just kinda park at the end of the road or until the truck looks like it'll get stuck). I don't know the guys name but he lives in a what looks like a log cabin on the right hand side of the road just after you turn off the hiway onto the logging road.

He's the one who knows the area best and does the grooming of the trail to Horsey. I'd recommend seeing if he's in and asking how conditions are.

I had friends riding in there a couple years back in the spring. Once you get up past the waterfall there's the big valley and one of the guys got stuck up on one of the climbs. A few went up to dig him out and when they passed by the area on their way out all their tracks were gone because the whole area had slid out. So be careful up in there.

That being said, its one of the most amazing places I've ridden. A little extreme and just gorgeous.

Top Bottom