HorsePower Honey's.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lets start an un-official poll. How many guys or gals here wished thier significant other could:

( A ). Keep up (rode as agressively as you)?.
( B ). Understood you at all when you got that bad smile when reminiscing ( the point when you know Shortly you will have to do better, High marking, Bigger mud hole, more speed or power).
( C ). Ever had the motivation to get out there and go riding.
( D ). Had a significant other to ride with at all.

No pun intended above, Keep it clean.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lets start an un-official poll. How many guys or gals here wished thier significant other could:

( B ). Understood you at all when you got that bad smile when reminiscing ( the point when you know Shortly you will have to do better, High marking, Bigger mud hole, more speed or power).

I want to see what my hubby's answers would be!!

That said, from my side of the table: I am pretty lucky to have a husband who is extremely patient on the hill. When I want to climb something hairy, he is all for it! He totally understands my bad-ass smile and my need to play sledding videos over and over and over in the off-season. I usually have the trailer packed and ready to go sledding when he gets home on his days off, and in the in between time, the quads are always loaded! I think his only "wish" would be that I wash my own quad after I ratbag it through the muskeg...

Yes: I am lucky!!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im happy that my wife comes out and rides,

yes i wish she had the bug like me...

course im not that good so it she wouldnt have to work to hard....:d:d:d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmmm, I'm pretty lucky. My significant other rides as hard as I do, goes as deep as I do, doesnt have to be prodded to go out and understands that stupid smirk that means I am about to spend money to go bigger......

The one that I hate is log bridges, no matter how hard I try she will not drive across one. I always have to drive it over for her :(

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'm very happy mine has really started to enjoy riding and i will make sure i do all i can to keep her itching......she enjoys it alot, will try anything, and i very much hope to get her convinced to go out on one the the girls rides with out me to get to see another side of it and learn all she can from them.

but for now i am just very happy she enjoys it and wants to ride as much as i do

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish my hubby could keep up too but am happy he rides at all....LMAO
Sorry just had too hun!!!

Anyways when I started riding 3 yrs ago I had one of 2 options (in my mind not his) to keep up or stay home....so I chose to keep up.

I love being out and I believe he loves having me there with him...challenging each other to go bigger or go harder!! I love hearing other guys ride up to us and see that I am a woman and then look at him and say "I wish my wife/girlfriend would do this." I love hearing him on the video at the end of the day as I watch a climb or something and he is wondering when I am going to come back down!!!

I also love advocating for the sport with the women!! I love standing around with a husband and wife combo and chatting with the not so eager wife to let her see my enthusiasm and to let her hear how awesome and amazing it is to share this with my husband. To encourage the wives to "Believe in themselves" they CAN do what their hubbies do!!!!

To see that no matter what there level of riding abilities...today our hubbies actually love having us with them....my hubby is my best and favorite riding partner as I am his....

Come on Girls you can do it...Believe in yourselves...ride with your hubbies...make them afraid that you will be better than them someday...LOL

jeremy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There is nothing better than being able to enjoy the same intrests and loves with your partner. As for the keeping up, I need not worry. The only way I can get her to stop is at the truck at the end of the day or take pictures, other than that its to the bars. We push each other. Its a healthy competition between your spouse that keeps the burn. The smile shoots for everest and if not to make it the first time, vengence will be had. Motivated yes and always ready for the next adventure. I'm a very fortunate guy to have a wife that is addicted and passionate about horsepower as much as I am. My "ONLY WISHES" are that we could have more time to do the things we love and that our three girls grow up to see the strength that a family can have accomplishing and fulfilling dreams together.

Lucky to have a HORSEPOWER HONEY +4

Yeah, and maybe a quick rinse of the quad...:)

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 274
  • Hunters 11.jpg
    Hunters 11.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 268

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is nothing better than being able to enjoy the same intrests and loves with your partner. As for the keeping up, I need not worry. The only way I can get her to stop is at the truck at the end of the day or take pictures, other than that its to the bars. We push each other. Its a healthy competition between your spouse that keeps the burn. The smile shoots for everest and if not to make it the first time, vengence will be had. Motivated yes and always ready for the next adventure. I'm a very fortunate guy to have a wife that is addicted and passionate about horsepower as much as I am. My "ONLY WISHES" are that we could have more time to do the things we love and that our three girls grow up to see the strength that a family can have accomplishing and fulfilling dreams together.

Lucky to have a HORSEPOWER HONEY +4

Yeah, and maybe a quick rinse of the quad...:)

1. Awww.... major brownie point right there, husband.:eek:

2. I'm pretty sure I'm looking for trouble in the first photo... :cool:

3. Positive that I am apologizing for that last set of cartwheels :eek:

4. Yup, I was right. That green coat looks like a giant Booger in pictures :nono:

mattmedic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off i would like to say , that anytime with my family is priceless, and all will agree with that statement, I am a very fortunate guy who has the best of both worlds, she is caring and compassionate ,and enjoys the outdoors , and activities during each season, my spouse is works hard, and plays even harder, those that have witnessed her on a sled or a quad, can attest that she has little fear....lol.

And im sure this sledding season will be a whole new learning curve for her, hahahha,when and if she rides her old sled (08' 700) that i took out the sway bar (that should slow her down):p lol , but im not seeing that happen ,i believe she will be hooked on the 800 she is now riding(thanks again Terry)....":eek:lord help us":eek:, she motivates me to try bigger and different things every trip out and i do the same for her.
So in a nut shell, thank you hun:d for being who u are and helping me become the person i am ,you are the best riding partner i could ask for.....:beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty lucky.
She gets to most places we go.
Loves boondocking and exploring
Is'nt bawling her face off when she gets stuck & I don't come back for a little long while.
Tolerates stacks of receipts from sled shops, even though I have not got the bathroom reno done..........helps when they're mostly for her sled.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty lucky.
She gets to most places we go.
Loves boondocking and exploring
Is'nt bawling her face off when she gets stuck & I don't come back for a little long while.
Tolerates stacks of receipts from sled shops, even though I have not got the bathroom reno done..........helps when they're mostly for her sled.

Holy crap... its like I'm married to your twin! We could have renovated the bathroom 28 times now for the amount we've (and by "we've", I really mean "he's") spent on sledding. The sink/vanity combo is in the garage- maybe if I put it on top of his sled seat he will see what I'm getting at??

I don't bawl when he forgets to come back and I'm stuck either. I do the "insta-tantrum"! I timed it on the helmet cam footage once. It was literally 28 seconds from the point of stuck to "WHERE IS MY HUSBAND :realmad: DOESN't HE KNOW HE HAS A WIFE?? ETC>< ETC> :nono:" I did apologize, and have since toned it down. It just really seems like a reeaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly loooooooooooooooooooong time when you are all by yourself :p

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is this "shopping" you speak of?

This is something I have been known to do in the past myself actually, when I'm hungry or need a new snowmobile or parts for existing snowmobile... oh yeah and fishing supplies but that never really stops.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is something I have been known to do in the past myself actually, when I'm hungry or need a new snowmobile or parts for existing snowmobile... oh yeah and fishing supplies but that never really stops.

I let my husband do most of this shopping stuff: I hate people. I hate the retail scene. I hate crowds and lineups. I hate trying things on. I hate spending money. :rant:

But, I like new stuff so I let my husband do the heavy work :d :cool: He's got pretty good taste, and I like a new pair of handle bars or thermal socks as much as I like new jeans, so I'm easy to please :cool:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am soooooo thankful to be in a relationship with a loving supportive soon to be hubby. Drink is absolutely phenomenal on a sled, but the coolest part is..... he wants nothing but the best for me. He is patient and kind when it comes to teaching me technique and skill. He is supportive when I try and fail... try and fail.... then cheers me on when I get it!!!
We had a talk early on in our relationship. I rode with all guys before, who never ever babied me. They pushed me hard every ride. I hit ALOT of stuff.... trees, wolverine houses.................. and I end up with my sled on top of me ALOT.... He was worried about me at first, and started to freak out a little when I tumbled out of control down a steep climb on spring snow.... I said.... Honey if you're going to ride with me you can't worry about me getting hurt.... He said OK.. but you have to listen to me.. I'll Keep you safe... I said OK... now we have perfect balance.
I was in a relationship where I was called a Ball Buster if I climbed higher, or rode harder. Not so fun.

Sometimes I look at my life and can't believe how blessed I am. ♥

Top Bottom