Horse power

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want easy horsepower,balance your primary clutch.I did my 07 summit x 800r and after the balance job i had to add 3 grams of weight to each arm. Thats a good horsepower gain.Im happy with the results.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my other 07 summit and its clutch balance was off more than myfirst one.It was off by 13 grams ,after the balance job i gained 1000 rpm and i had to add 5 grams per arm to control rpm.I got huge gains in performance.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To balance my clutch i had a shaft cut that theaded into the clutch,that sticks out both sides ad sat on bearings.once on the four bearings heavy side rolls down,i took weight off the heavy side untill it was balanced

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
to balance my clutch i had a shaft cut that theaded into the clutch,that sticks out both sides ad sat on bearings.once on the four bearings heavy side rolls down,i took weight off the heavy side untill it was balanced

interesting......... Can you post of pic of your balancing contraption? I think i know what you mean......

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To balance my clutch i had a shaft cut that theaded into the clutch,that sticks out both sides ad sat on bearings.once on the four bearings heavy side rolls down,i took weight off the heavy side untill it was balanced

I am also very interested in this, where are you removing the weight from exactly?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also very interested in this, where are you removing the weight from exactly?

I would like to see how you were doing this as well? Not many places to take away weight from. Was going to try it myself once but didn't think I could pull it off:)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty straight forward. To me but would be good to see pics. Just got to make sure your table/floor is level lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. Wonder if you could use a tire balancing machine?

Top Bottom