Horburg to Nordegg?

doho350

Reaction score
Howdy, I'm new to S+M and hope this site can help me out. I have heard about the Horberg run but don't know much about it, other than it's about 6 to 9 hrs. one way mainly on an abandoned RR. line. Around the middle of March, 4 of us would like to head out there. Any information, such as where exactly do you stage at, POI's along the way, along with GPS coordinates if anyone has them, would be greatly appreciated. March 17, weather permitting, is the weekend I had in mind, and if anyone else is up for a ride your more than welcome. (Green beer only on that day :)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
There will probably be to much snow for a quad,and not enough for a sled,,, i have done the ride lots and it can be tricky and easy to get lost if you dont know where your going,,PM hadster on this site,,he can tell you everything you need to know about it

Its very scenic but a good long ride,,we usually do it in the spring every year

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa good luck on either.

There are some good hills. All are covered in ice under it.

A buddy and me have done it in 4.5 hrs in the fall on quads.

And now that it snowed again out there it won't be ready till closer to may

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. Thats one place u don't want to mess up.....

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

doho350

Reaction score
Thanks a ton for the feedback, guess we will put that ride off for a while, any suggestions for an alternative around Rocky -Red Deer area as we are hooking up with 2 Edmontonians and would like to meet half way?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for the feedback, guess we will put that ride off for a while, any suggestions for an alternative around Rocky -Red Deer area as we are hooking up with 2 Edmontonians and would like to meet half way?

Depending on snow levels you might not get to far. The area is huge out west of Caroline but there are some restrictions on where you can ride
Fluz maps are handy to read so you don't get in trouble being somewhere you shouldn't be

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in some areas in the trees the snow is deep, as in stuck. stay off the sled club trails, as they have minimal snow.

mike what is it with you and logging trucks?

Top Bottom