hope creek staging area

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally, like snopro said why bother saying anything. If you are sitting in the cabin and this is the topic of conversation then so be it and say something. But you cant tell me these guys dont know the danger involved so you can more or less predict their comments after being warned about their stupidity. After all they are adults and should know better.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Couldn't go say something or stick and make sure they made it out...
What happened to sledders looking after sledders ???
Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

I'm hearing ya Tex but as all others have said, sometimes you just can't tell them and some people don't want to hear it even if you do. Been in the same scenario as others above a couple times, you kinda get a "who the hell do you think you are ruining my day of fun" kinda look. Its how you approach the situation but most are gonna do what they want anyway, even after you tell them and at some point we have to acknowledge that sledders riding in the mountains need to accept some risk of ownership for themselves, not rely on someone else to babysit them. We are all grown adults and there is always individual responsibility to keep themselves safe, not rely on others to determine your level of risk. If you are riding in the big hills you should learn the risks and mitigative measures, if you are too stupid to learn them, that's your problem not mine.

If they are in a bad spot and something cuts loose and buries them they need to be prepared to deal with the fact that no one might come to their aid if they are going to put themselves in danger as well. There's lots of people who think that someone will be there to dig them out - when it comes right down to it, you might be on your own so think about the consequences of your actions.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was on KM 49 on the road this saturday.
Some friends of mine went up and it was a gong show..
Hope it gets cleared up soon

526999_10150601062000841_570435840_9251439_1380623796_n.jpg

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was on KM 49 on the road this saturday.
Some friends of mine went up and it was a gong show..
Hope it gets cleared up soon

View attachment 126044

Did you figure out what was wrong with your sled? I was one of the others in the other group that helped get your sled down off the avy bank.

Sent from my mobile telephone

Last edited:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice untracked uptop though.

Sent from my mobile telephone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332425876.243643.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332425876.243643.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 342
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332425894.421679.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332425894.421679.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 347

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
When can you ride hope creek.? I have never been there and would like a honest no BS assesment on it

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have heard that from Dale's updates. They drove the cats through a couple of weeks ago.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a land slide on the Hope road last spring that did burry it. It does not affect the Chatter access because it is on the hope road (55km FSR). It is tricky to get through and requires a little "F'in" around to get in. The lower road is not accessible yet as the alder is still to thick. Needs more snow to make it an easy zone to access.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you ask around Golden most locals know because there was no summer access up there. We were able to sneak through the lower road alder bashing on two dirt bikes and I think we might have been the only two poeple in there last summer. Pretty cool in the summer. have a look for yourself. I didn't say it's impassible I just said it takes some f'in around to get through the land slide. Last week it took chain saws and some sled lifting. no ch!t

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up in spring for a walk with da dog and a snowboard.
think mud slide, not toooo bad but it deff needed a chain saw and some dudes dat know dar sheet ...
totaly can get sleds thru after dat, if ya good ... dont take weaklings !!!
lower road is a ch!t show of willows, should come good as winter progresses.

4 sled trailler will always b a problem as minimal turn around options. keep driving for a bit eh.
road in is average some times, and ch!t house other times.
yeild to logging trucks, although they should be done by the new year.
wot else ... some BIG slide paths to cross ...

Top Bottom