hope creek staging area

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where abouts is the staging area from golden for hope creek? i see it on the trail maps but it doesnt give directions.

Thanks

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where abouts is the staging area from golden for hope creek? i see it on the trail maps but it doesnt give directions.

Thanks

drive west of golden
just before the river turn north, this will be the bush river FSR
from there you will drive 55km back in there
park before the avy chutes that cross the road, if you dont and one falls. Well its self rescue
if parked before avy chutes, you will sled 2-3km in before you turn up the trail head
from there it is approx. 20km, unless you know some spots on the way in ;)

sleslie

Reaction score
How far past km 55 is a decent turn around area for bigger trailers? Last weekend we turned my small trailer around at approx. km 56 but i dont think it was wide enough for an enclosed 4 place. Thanks

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope is NOT a area to take these large trailers into. It is a real PIA to turn around a 2 place let alone a 4 place. Stop before the avy chutes, thats as wide as it get OR you will have to go to the b-road short cut across the lake (60-62km). Sometimes they plow out a wider section there or across the lake. Anything else.... you just got lucky.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any snow reports??
How's that road nowadays?? Thinking of heading up, but don't want to trash my new trailer, it was ROUGH last time.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any snow reports??
How's that road nowadays?? Thinking of heading up, but don't want to trash my new trailer, it was ROUGH last time.

X2 on the roughness. Hit a wash ought last spring with our two place trailer, snapped the axel.. Some of you may have seen it leaning against the snowbank?

Sent from my mobile telephone

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we saw it and the nasty washout when we went to our stay in Chatter..

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we saw it and the nasty washout when we went to our stay in Chatter..

Yea. Us 4 guys lifted it up their, was a hard lift. A week later we made the 4 hour drive and put it on another 2 place trailer.. Sledshot guys helped me and my dad and their way past. (off topic)!

Sent from my mobile telephone

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the road was excellent.
Trail in sucked big time.
2 to 3 foot whoops...

We had about 10 to 12 inches of fresh on top of a super reactive hoar crust. Shooting cracks and triggers everywhere.

There were some idiots in there riding some of the deadly slopes including the avalanche prone spots. Only a matter of time before it hits the news of another avy death there.

Mix bag of weather from being zero and sunny to snowy and minus 5/

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the road was excellent.
Trail in sucked big time.
2 to 3 foot whoops...

We had about 10 to 12 inches of fresh on top of a super reactive hoar crust. Shooting cracks and triggers everywhere.

There were some idiots in there riding some of the deadly slopes including the avalanche prone spots. Only a matter of time before it hits the news of another avy death there.

Mix bag of weather from being zero and sunny to snowy and minus 5/

stupid people will never learn! Was there two weeks ago and the hoar frost was 1/4 inch long. Cant imagine the danger with snow on top of it.

Cat 4evr

Reaction score
For real studitity you should have went to Lang Creek near Gorman. There were folks high marking 2 & 3 at a time. Then someone got mega stuck for about 15 minutes in a super avi prone spot and his buddies were highmarking above him. We left because we felt something was eventually gonna happen.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For real studitity you should have went to Lang Creek near Gorman. There were folks high marking 2 & 3 at a time. Then someone got mega stuck for about 15 minutes in a super avi prone spot and his buddies were highmarking above him. We left because we felt something was eventually gonna happen.....

Nice. Couldn't go say something or stick and make sure they made it out...

What happened to sledders looking after sledders ???

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Population control at its finest

Sent from a iPhone

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Couldn't go say something or stick and make sure they made it out...

What happened to sledders looking after sledders ???

maybe saying something would be ok but these sledders should have known better so why risk your life for their stupidity. That would make no sense imo

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well some peoples children.

Sometimes a guy still needs to say what needs to be said.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone is doing something stupid, I usually tell them what they are doing wrong... but only if it's safe to tell them.

It does come across in the wrong way sometimes..Like-

Are you F%*#ing stupid or what?? LOL

But in the end, they usually say, ya whatever man... and do whatever anyways.

So, will Dale groom this trail for us?? We should ask.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree with the saying something but i am going to be brutally honest here, you cant fix stupid and that is a fact. Was in an unpublished golden area a while back and there where some snowboarders jumping of a cornice that had a large enough crack in it to see daylight. i went up there and asked them if they realized what they were dealing with and what kind of danger they were putting themselves in and they could have cared less, basicaly they said this is what its all about and this is where the thrill of it is at. If they want to play that way then why would i risk my well-being to save someone that could care less about there own!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to tell some guys they were in a dangerous spot once and one guy told me to fawking mind my own business. Now I just drive by and mind my own business. Besides why do I want to ruin my day because of there stupidity. :confused:

Top Bottom