Honestly do you think I am stupid

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my snow blower for sale in the paper and this guy emails me Thursday night, so I email back with a contact number.

Him
Hi really interested in your snowblower

Me
Great, $600 still for sale. You can reach me at 780-xxx-xxxx

I got kind of suspicious when I never received a call back, and the shortness of his original email. This is what I have this morning in my alias email that I use for sales items.

Him
Hello,
Thank you very much for your respond in this transaction,i really appreciate your effort.i will like to inform you that the payment that will issue out to you will be enough to handle the transaction,you don,t need to worry yourself about shipping of the item, there is private shipping company that will come over to your place for the pick up of the item,as soon as you received the check.you will deduct the sales of your item get the rest of the funds wire to the shipper,so that they can cone over to your location for the pick up. kindly get back to the question i got for you bellow before the transaction proceed.

1.will you be able to wire the excess fund to the shipping company the same day you received the payment?

2.will you be available when the shipping company will come for the pick up?

3.can you be trusted with the money?

This are the question i,m having for you,kindly get back to me with me with your full name and address, zip code,including your valid cell phone to reach you so that the check can be issue out to you without any delay.it is a pleasure doing business with you have a nice day.

I so much count on you,

Stay well and remain bless.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my snow blower for sale in the paper and this guy emails me Thursday night, so I email back with a contact number.

Him

Me

I got kind of suspicious when I never received a call back, and the shortness of his original email. This is what I have this morning in my alias email that I use for sales items.

Him

well sounds like your snowblower is sold no need to take any more calls

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1.will you be able to wire the excess fund to the shipping company the same day you received the payment?

I will do my best but i cant make any promisses

2.will you be available when the shipping company will come for the pick up?

Give me 2 hours notice and i will do what i can to be there

3.can you be trusted with the money?

Most of the time but sometimes i just need a pick me up, and i tend to go off the deep end

Try that and see what you get for a reply, if they want to be daft might as well play along:beer:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get him to come over so you can beat him over the head before he screws you!Scammers...peices of chit! :rant:

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We get those kinda emails at the hotel all the time.....it is really funny when my staff keeps emailing them back in forth before they figure it is a scam....:eek::eek::confused:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
chris got something like that a few years ago when he was selling his truck.

they also said, they didnt need to see the truck, he could just ship it.

yeah cause it is THAT EASY to ship a truck overseas.

idiots...

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Total scam, Had the same thing happen to me with my fifth wheel camper. Guy wanted to pay me for shipping and wire it to his shipping company in Scotland. NO SHAT. He said he was at sea in the navy and wanted to by it for his dads birthday. the transaction was to take place through PayPal I phone paypal and they confirmed that the email he was using was bogus.

The fact that they type with an accent didn't throw me off at all. LOL

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id have abit more fun with this waste of time first lol

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally.... I would tell them to send the money.... then hang on to your item!! 2 can play this game!! :d:d

Robins

Reaction score
Sounds like they send you a bogus cheque and you wire them money before you find out that the cheque is bogus... that is if you are dumb enough to fall for these scams. Always buy in person after checking the VIN.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chris got something like that a few years ago when he was selling his truck.

they also said, they didnt need to see the truck, he could just ship it.

yeah cause it is THAT EASY to ship a truck overseas.

idiots...

haha, same thing when i was selling my street bike on ebay and kijiji. "please send the bike to japan, when we confirm its on route we will wire the money."

Ya because im going to send a jap bike back to the country it was built in.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately these scammers are every where. The worst is the guy who gives you a CERTIFIED bank draft for something. The problem is it ain't! Your only real protection is due diligence and if you are taking a bank draft get ALL their info, ie Drivers license, Birth certificate etc. less likely to try and scam you. I was selling a truck and a guy tried to trade me a hot sled. The best on is the idiot who is selling two quads with trailer and plow attatchment. Deal was was too good to be true. They suck you in until you want to see the units, then the " I am not in the country at the moment but if you send you money to such and such and if you get the units and you don't like it you can always send it back for a full refund" comes out. Yeah right! Can we shoot scammers???:rant:

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately these scammers are every where. The worst is the guy who gives you a CERTIFIED bank draft for something. The problem is it ain't! Your only real protection is due diligence and if you are taking a bank draft get ALL their info, ie Drivers license, Birth certificate etc. less likely to try and scam you.

i thought a bank draft or the like was the way to go, what are they doing? making fake ones?.. i guess i don't buy sell enough stuff, or just gotten lucky so far.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought a bank draft or the like was the way to go, what are they doing? making fake ones?.. i guess i don't buy sell enough stuff, or just gotten lucky so far.

Bank draft is a better way to go but not fool proof. Wife worked for ATB and they saw fake ones quite a bit. In my opinion cash is best way to go.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Bank draft is a better way to go but not fool proof. Wife worked for ATB and they saw fake ones quite a bit. In my opinion cash is best way to go.

Bank draft is not considered 'garuanteed funds' you can cancel a bank draft same as putting a 'stop payment' on a cheque...I did not know this. Wire transfer is about the only garanteed funds anymore other than cash...

I know, I didnt believe this either, but ask your bank...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stupid is a bit harsh...... slow maybe or even special is probably more accurate

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only take cash don't care if it's $10 or $15000.00 if they cant get it then tough luck chuck

Top Bottom