Honda Yamaha or ?

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am buying a new dirt bike this coming spring I now have an XR 400 bought new in 97 it has been a good bike but is getting old time for a new one I am looking at a WR 450 my buddy has an 06 I like it alot but wonder about the Honda CRF 450x or the KLX 450 also the KTM EXC 525 but I have heard getting parts can be an issue but I like the fact it is street legal for connecting trails I would not ride it on blacktop I have a road bike for that 03 Kaw Nomad .Anyway anybody got an opinion?

shoobear

Reaction score
ktm all the way!
A bit of upkeep but its worth it!
I am riding my 07 525 down the baja soon!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HONDA
i have the 250X now and before that had the CRF450 no X, the X package is great and ready to go out the box(lights,e start,kick stand, all nice in the mountains)
and power who beats Honda power
buy the Honda
low maintenance, great resale and fast fast fast

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say honda all the way or the ktm they seem like a nice bike.

if your selling your XR let me know may be intrested

Reaction score
I preferre Yamaha over any other bike, the Yamaha YZ450F and WR450F have alot of torque.

no way, nothing compared to the honda, i drove a yfz special edition, didnt feel like it had anything near the power of the honda, same with the wr compared to the crf-x. the wr does have higher speads though

freerider5

Reaction score
In that bike class, my first pick would be KTM 450XC or 525. Then Yami but these days you cant really go wrong with any of those bikes.

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
I am buying a new dirt bike this coming spring I now have an XR 400 bought new in 97 it has been a good bike but is getting old time for a new one I am looking at a WR 450 my buddy has an 06 I like it alot but wonder about the Honda CRF 450x or the KLX 450 also the KTM EXC 525 but I have heard getting parts can be an issue but I like the fact it is street legal for connecting trails I would not ride it on blacktop I have a road bike for that 03 Kaw Nomad .Anyway anybody got an opinion?

IF I WAS BUYING A LAWNMOWER ID CONSIDER A HONDA BUT OTHERWISE ID BY FROM A BRAND THAT SPECIALIZES IN BIKES-KAWI OR YAMAHA FOR BETER SUSPENSION OR THE KTM FOR UNEQUALED POWER.

yamaha125

Reaction score
i would get A YAMAAHA 250 WITH ALUMUNA FRAME 5 POUNDS LIGHTER MY DAD HAS NE I CAN LIFT IT IT HAS A LIGHT ON THE FRONT KICK START ON ELECTRIC START

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I had a 250x and it went great and from I have seen a 525 cant beat a 450x thats my next bike love the hondas

whopper809

Reaction score
I really like the 450 bikes, four stroke all the way. A kawasaki KX450F or KLX450 are a sweet deal options and price don't forget to check them out. You can get a KX factory ordered with a head light and a small LED tail light on a aswell, and it's 25+lbs lighter then the KLX. Bubba Stewart can't be wrong can he?

KX?450F : Detail View

KLX?450R

poppajon

Reaction score
I'm gonna switch gears and throw out the Suzuki here, I love em!! I have suzuki everything, quad and bikes....my 2000 RM250 is for sale in the classifieds, just bought an '07 RM-Z 450. Crazy power and smooth as he!! Slamnek, Powderchowder and myself ride sand most of the time and the 450 is well suited for that. Swore i'd never stray from the two-stroke, but wow....Slamnek's buyin one next season now. He just droped a wad o' cash on his CR250 again. That thing rips hard, not to mention Powderchowders CR250....he can't kill it, never seen anyone ride a bike to the limit like that...he needs more life insurance, especially now with the baby girl! Congrats Chowder!!

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input I bought the WR 450 I was looking for a trail bike to replace my XR 400 It came down to the kawasaki or the Yamaha. Liked the pro tapers on the Yamaha and a free mini bike for the same price.It is a great trail bike have only had time to ride it a few times but first impressions is its a good bike lighter faster and electric start (not as young as I used to be) cant wait to get it to fallen timber. I had to do a little debuging throttle stop, muffler baffle and cut the grey wire. p.s the XR400 is sold.

Top Bottom