honda rebates

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
dont know if you guys saw it yet. honda has come out with the new program. up to $3600 in rebates. trx680 rubicon. right around$8500 now.:eek: now i am seriously rethinking my decision on the can am.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
a ranch? if you mean dealer. no. i am buying a quad and have been watching for the rebates and incentives and this is new from this morning. thats all.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
the Honda is a real nice ranch machine for you know, checking cattle, fixing broken fences and what not. If you ride at all agressivley or just want to keep up with your buddys, you should consider maybe a yamaha or a can-am.
my 2 cents. Does seem like a good deal for the ole Honda though.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honda's are flat out the most reliable quad out there... at least all my experiences riding with the other brands... You can't go wrong with a Honda.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am " " this close to buying a 2007 honda 450er sport quad. I found a new 07 for 3700 off of retail. That works out to 500 less than i paid for my 2001 honda 400ex new.

Im trying to sell the parents on the 420 4x4. 5600 dollars!!!!! I paid 6200 for my 2000 honda 300 4x4 new.

This prices are good and bad, good for deals, bad on my bank account.

JOESKIDOO

Reaction score
Rancher? don't critisize the Honda Quad, I bought a 2007 Honda TRX500 CTE and it's an awesome quad, fit and finish is top notch, Fuel econ is awesome, spanks my buddies Yamahahaha 660 Grizz in water or mud!! Can ams are sweet but still a belt drive which totally suck. Hondamatic is the only way to go, and yes Honda quality you can't beat! I keep up to everyone I ride with and because mine is so lite it handles better than some others and you don't tire like riding a cat or yammi... My 2 cents.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many CCs 500
is that quad for your mom to ride
you need a CAN-AM renegade or outalnder (depending what riding is prefered) 800 CC hands down.
read the reviews it cant be beat and just take one for a rip and you will know
unless you want to put put around the farm... but if power and overall performance is what your after go CAN-AM
i agree with the honda quality but BRP is not that far off
own the best ride the best and you cant blame the machine..... when your stuck in the mud or you just cant see through the dust of all the CAN-AMs hehehhe..
:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rancher? don't critisize the Honda Quad, I bought a 2007 Honda TRX500 CTE and it's an awesome quad, fit and finish is top notch, Fuel econ is awesome, spanks my buddies Yamahahaha 660 Grizz in water or mud!! Can ams are sweet but still a belt drive which totally suck. Hondamatic is the only way to go, and yes Honda quality you can't beat! I keep up to everyone I ride with and because mine is so lite it handles better than some others and you don't tire like riding a cat or yammi... My 2 cents.

Honda's are great quads but i have seen more Rincon 680's broke down than any other quad. I have been a honda guy my whole life until i bought my Kawi, which has been flawless. The honda 450 and 500 are tough and in my opinion there work quads. A 500 whoopin a 660 griz...come on, not gonna happen.

JOESKIDOO

Reaction score
Yes, it did happen.. ( kicked a 660's ass ) I agree Can-ams are great and I would have bought one, but for Hunting, fishing and exploring steep and tight ground, log jumping etc belt drives suck! I rode them all and rode with them all and I wouldn't trade for my Honda, Yes a little more power would be nice but I haven't needed it yet! My brother and nephew have 700 cats and they spend more time in the shop than on the trail...

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i like my trail edition. and i paid a whole hell of alot less than a can am. can am was what i had decided on but comparably set up it was around $3500 more. $3500 is alot of money to go a little faster. but, if can am would have come out with the same rebates i would have been driving a can am right now. i like the look of them.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Dear joeskidoo,

I will not dispute the reliability of the honda nor the "fit and finish" But with that being said, I have been an atv rider for 23 years and owned many Honda's from trikes to Rubicons. The machine that I kicked my Honda habit on was acually a Polaris. I found the ride to be outstanding even though the polaris was a tank and under powered. I bought my first Grizzly in 2003 and NO Honda built could beat it my second Grizzly 660 was a 2004 and I rode it for 3 months and completely high perfed the engine with every gadget money could buy including nos. Then I bought a 2007 Can-am and there is no way I would go back, comfort, power and with you saying the belt drive sucks. thats telling me your inexperienced with belt drive. Honda is a good machine but give your kidneys and winch a break someday brother...my 4 cents

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's something no one really ever considers when the "Reliability" issue is brought up...

Atv's like Cats 500, 650, 700, Polaris Sportsman's, Brp 650, 800 Kawi BF, Yami Grizz. etc are large quads with generally plenty of ground clearence and power etc. when compared to the hondas. Most guys that purchase the bigger quads are more likely to abuse them in the nasty punishing stuff, ya know, mud, skeg, rocks etc. when compared to the guys buying the Hondas. Well whos going to break first? Common sense would say the quad that gets the most abuse.

So... yes the Honda has great fit and finish, lighter weight, and a reputation for reliability. But... generally they are not put to the test and abused like a Cat or a grizz for instance which is made for the toughest terrain and is generally abused in those environments. So that is why I believe tha Honda seems to be more reliable in most peoples eyes... which it is not.

They all break... some just get a bigger beating all the time.:):)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's something no one really ever considers when the "Reliability" issue is brought up...

Atv's like Cats 500, 650, 700, Polaris Sportsman's, Brp 650, 800 Kawi BF, Yami Grizz. etc are large quads with generally plenty of ground clearence and power etc. when compared to the hondas. Most guys that purchase the bigger quads are more likely to abuse them in the nasty punishing stuff, ya know, mud, skeg, rocks etc. when compared to the guys buying the Hondas. Well whos going to break first? Common sense would say the quad that gets the most abuse.

So... yes the Honda has great fit and finish, lighter weight, and a reputation for reliability. But... generally they are not put to the test and abused like a Cat or a grizz for instance which is made for the toughest terrain and is generally abused in those environments. So that is why I believe tha Honda seems to be more reliable in most peoples eyes... which it is not.

They all break... some just get a bigger beating all the time.:):)

Hah, Honda's not put to the abuse?:nono: My uncles quad is a 2000 TRX 450 and he's put that thing through so much abuse, has about 12,000 kms and the ONLY things he's done is wheel bearings and front differential. He's always riding floating muskeg, and pulling a trailer too lots.... I ride an 01 450 and I've never had a problem with 4000km's through the same conditions.

We have put many quads of the same cc through this and most other brands can't take it. Polaris is the worst... don't even mention that name to my family, they've mostly switched to bombardier, which is a great quad, but still has some minor flaws (Outlanders 400's). We left Yamaha's and Sizuki's in the bush, they are just not built tough enough for our riding conditions... Don't have any experience with Kawasaki's, so can't talk about those.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of which one is better,faster, etc. Honda is the only one offering crazy discounts on quads right now. Money talks, thats why I have a new 07 TRX450ER sport quad sitting at home right now, 7000 dollars out the door, compare that to any of the other manufacturers and its not even close.

JOESKIDOO

Reaction score
Quality.... Yup your right it's all on how you treat your toys. I have run my MXZ Skidoo pretty hard over the last 10 yrs, even won a few Sno-x races and logged over 5000 miles, and you know it still rocks! and still is used to pull my fellow Artic Cat riders home.. I buy my toys to last a whole lotta years, due to the fact that they are not cheap. My Honda was purchased for that reason. No I don't jump it nor do I see how fast I can go down a trail through mud holes etc. I like to enjoy the outdoors not abuse it. So your right they all break down and they all need maintenance ( some more than others like an AC or Pularis )..:cool:

Top Bottom