Honda quits on hills.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
We have a 98' Honda Fourtrax 300cc. It for some reason, quits going down hill with back pressure, intermittintly of course. It did this last summer a few times with me on it giving er and slowing down with the motor (Back Pressure) It wouldn't do it for me this spring, so I thought all was well. I rented it out for a couple days and they said it did the same thing to them a couple times. Any ideas what to look for???

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Could it be loading up with fuel? I know if you point my sled downhill and try to start it she loads up on fuel and it a bitch to start. maybe she needs a little carb ajustment, or pull out the little screw at the bottom of the carb and drain the bowl an lotta times it gets built up with dirt n stuff and can plug off a jet. I have freind with a similar honda and if you stall it on any off camber places (always a mud hole) it will not start but it is usually side to side not front to back

GRD

Reaction score
I have two honda 300's never had that problem.

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2003 Honda. I will try it out on a hill next time, see what happens.

How steep of a hill? The inclination might be a factor... all the fuel rushing to one side or the other of the tank?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Do you have a air screw on the carb... Think they have a Mikuni carb. You say seems to act up when temp out side is warm, Does it start & idle o.k.?

Top Bottom