honda cr125

lamash

Reaction score
hey i am looking at buying a 2001 honda cr125. the bike is in really good shape but the only problem is that the seat height is a little to high for me and i am tippy toes on the bike. the tires on it are 21 and 19 anyone no what's the smallest tires you can have on this bike thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

RM-Z250

Reaction score
What are you going to be using the bike for? I think the smallest you can get for that bike is possibly an 18" rear wheel.. The front cant be any smaller than a 21" I believe.

The problem may not lay in the wheels anyway. Have you tried adjusting the height of the centre spring?

Typically you shouldnt be able to flat foot a dirt bike anyway. But like i say, if you feel it needs lowering to make you more comfortable you should adjust the centre spring. This will bring the ride height down

lamash

Reaction score
ya thats what i been told that you can change or adjust the main spring and will lower it i wanted to make sure before i by a bike.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can adjust the spring to its softest setting and you can buy a softer spring for the bike, I lowered a bike for a Suzuki 125 about 2'' by just changing the setting on the centre spring

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
hey i am looking at buying a 2001 honda cr125. the bike is in really good shape but the only problem is that the seat height is a little to high for me and i am tippy toes on the bike. the tires on it are 21 and 19 anyone no what's the smallest tires you can have on this bike thanks.

YOU CAN ALWAYS SHAVE THE FOAM DOWN ON THE SEAT AND THEN PULL THE COVER TIGHTER. ITS NO AS COMFORTABLE FOR LONG RIDES BUT YOU CAN GET YOUR FEET 2 INCHES CLOSER TO THE GROUND WITHOUT SACRAFICIN YOUR SUSPENSION.

PEIdirt

Reaction score
Borden-Carleton, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Hey there Lamash,
Personnally I would look into getting your suspension lowered by an aftermarket company such as Factory Connection. If you just adjust your rear spring, you wouldn't have the correct race sag set for your weight. Depending on what you intend to do with the bike it may not be a big deal, but if you plan to do some jumping and stuff like that, you would wish it were set up properly.
On the other hand, if you don't weigh a whole lot, a softer spring just may be all you will need and then you could set the proper race sag. I do believe those 125's are probably ste up from factory for about a 120-140 lb person.

Just my two cents worth and you can't go wrong with buying a Honda.

Joe

Top Bottom