Home Inspectors!!!!

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i am lookin at buyin a house here within the next couple of months, need a good reliable home inspector with construction knowledge of houses,
if ya know anyone that fits this let me know please!!!!

Thanks Jay

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And they been around a while,they did my house!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have any friends or family familiar with construction I would use them before a home inspector. They charge you three or four hundred bucks, look at stuff anyone can see and then assume absolutely no responsibility or liability if they miss something.....Go online and find out what to look for and do it yourself, you'll save a couple of hundred bucks and know who to blame if you miss something.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have any friends or family familiar with construction I would use them before a home inspector. They charge you three or four hundred bucks, look at stuff anyone can see and then assume absolutely no responsibility or liability if they miss something.....Go online and find out what to look for and do it yourself, you'll save a couple of hundred bucks and know who to blame if you miss something.

Yep I wouldn't dare relie on them. They are ok, because there is a lot to check but need someone else with a lot of knowledge to be looking at things also.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from cabin to castle. If I had the extra $ I would have taken them to court.... Instead I poured $34k into the house not including labor costs. They should not be in business IMO. Just a heads up :nono:

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thanks guys, i did some lookin around still not sure yet, but i just gotta watch cause their is a big difference between Certified an registered Inspectors,

anyone of us can be certified home inspectors,ya read a book take a test an then your certified....

but keep the names comin if ya know some... i appreciate the help...

Thanks Jay

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just do not use the one your realtor recomends, they seem to be in cahoots and will paint the house in a rosy light so the realtor gets the sale. Been there, done that.

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used Subject to Inspections in Stony Plain. We have used her 4 times. Fantastic woman, saved us a lot of greif. Thorough and cut throat honest.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i am lookin at buyin a house here within the next couple of months, need a good reliable home inspector with construction knowledge of houses,
if ya know anyone that fits this let me know please!!!!

Thanks Jay

I don't think such a company exists.

lander800

Reaction score
Just like in any businesses there are good and bad professionals. Home Inspections is what I do for a living and have been doing it for over five and half years and have met all kinds of inspectors, some good and some bad. They are human and they do make mistakes, it just depends if they have made a mistake or forgot something they should own up to it. Insurance for a home inspector is a key thing and also the education of the inspector. There is the technology of adding a thermo graphic inspection to base home inspection, yes it cost more and if you have done your homework with hiring a home inspector alot of the time it will save you money and headaches. People have their own opinions about home inspectors and they have that right. And just another quick note there are changes coming to the home inspection businesses(such as provincal licensing) and it is going to weed out some of the inspectors. Just do your homework before hiring. Thanks Geoff

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your $$$$, save it for all the repairs he will miss and then tell you he isn't liable for anything!!:realmad:
I'm going through this right now.
Answer me this, whats the point of paying a "professional" to look at your new house for errors that would be obvious to a "professional".
Then when he misses something and 10 months after you move in it adversely affects your house he says hes not liable! BS

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
We used Parkland home inspections, Rod Dube out of Stony Plain. Super thorough took lots of pics. Follow him around he will tell you exactly what should be done and if it's something you can do or need to send out. Also very reasonable.

Last edited:

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used Parkland home inspections, Rod Dube out of Stony Plain. Super thorough took lots of pics. Follow him around he will tell you exactly what should be done and if it's something you can do or need to send out. Also very reasonable.

y a my realtor tried sellin me mortgage brokers an home inspectors, yesterday, kinda told him to back off an kept pushin, i gave him a certain price( on houses to search ) an he comes back with houses that were about 30 -50 000 over what i said,

kinda hopin i can find somethin on my own on like Kijiji, Comfree etc...

Top Bottom