holz Alpha X or timbersled mtn tamer skid??

znowman_9

Reaction score
my revxp naked. found out i lost the check valve on top of the oil res so i sprayed er down with brake cylinder and pressure washed. gots a barkbuster front with fox evol x shox and alpha x skid on order.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 146

znowman_9

Reaction score
just took the primary to baker today getting new ramps sleeves big rollers weights and quick clickers. the ramps had pretty big dimples at the bottom of em. the sleeves also had to much play in em. baker said pretty good wear for only 1200 miles. i know he logs the miles every year.

Last edited:

powder muncher

Reaction score
You can not go wrong with the Holz skid it is the most underestimated of all skids .

I have run them on everything 2 stroke to a supercharged Apex --- there is way less issues with holz than with any other after-marked skids , they

just work and maintain a even track tension through its travel as well.

Over the years I have tried different skids and one can make most of them work OK the alpha X however is just about perfect right out of the box.

One thing with almost all of the Aftermarket offerings they fall on there face on the big hits unless they are set up super stiff, without linkage they just blow

through the last bit of travel . Even KTM afer years of running without linkage have gone back to a linkage on there bikes for the same reason .

That is why all OEM's and holz use a progressive linkage.

Anyway you guys get my drift I buy Holz even though they make no Yamaha specific set ups anymore.

I go through the trouble of building Adapters for them because they just work.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about K-Mod? I know it was not one he inquired about, Just wondering about some opinions on there skid. There seems to be a fair few of them out there.

Top Bottom