Highway 1 Detours starting 2020

Hangfire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.hngfiretraining.com
As a summer tourism business operator in Golden I've been sitting on the Canyon Project Committee for local stakeholders. The winter closure schedule doesn't look that bad. And communication should be very good in terms of when the scheduled delays or closures will be to help people plan. I know Sled Golden and Tourism Golden are pushing hard for minimal impact to winter recreation. Spring and Fall are the big ones closure times. It it's doubtful anything is set to happen this winter/spring. The following winter things should be well into though.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You could come hang with us.
OMFG this is gonna be a gonger winter. Bazillion heavy trucks on that road with the hill down into Radium will be closed constantly due to accidents and weather.

Won't be renewing Golden or Revy memberships. Looks like Montana or Fernie a bunch this year for my crew?

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its defiantly going to make driving a pain for the next few years , hopefully theyll post or have a site that will inform drivers of the weeks that the road is going to be closed! On the other hand it, when its completed will sure make the road a more enjoyable trip and safer. There are still sections of the highway that need improvement - as more and more transport truck head east and west they are flooding the highway making them fight for lanes and slowing up traffic ! It can for sure be an interesting drive to watch how some of them have no clue on how to drive and some should not be out there ! sorry for the rant ! Any one know what they are doing at the Quartz creek area !

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will totally be worth it in the end, all the taxes Canadians pay it should be 8 lanes wide and paved in gold by now.....besides think how much fun the boys are gunna have blasting all that rock to hell!!!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its defiantly going to make driving a pain for the next few years , hopefully theyll post or have a site that will inform drivers of the weeks that the road is going to be closed! On the other hand it, when its completed will sure make the road a more enjoyable trip and safer. There are still sections of the highway that need improvement - as more and more transport truck head east and west they are flooding the highway making them fight for lanes and slowing up traffic ! It can for sure be an interesting drive to watch how some of them have no clue on how to drive and some should not be out there ! sorry for the rant ! Any one know what they are doing at the Quartz creek area !

Maybe we should just accidentally be on the west side when it closes Brian! Lol Looks to me like they’re going to twin the bridge at Quartz, will be nice not meeting traffic there...

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
What a buncha whinin’, bitchkin’, snivelling’, crybabies! One of you clowns is so mad that you aren’t renewing your Revy membership because of the construction traffic? Yea, you do that. That’ll show them highway construction people. Hahaha. Get happy ffs. Yer gonna get a better highway.

Last edited:

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just means nows the time to buy in Golden.

I was planning to move to Revy, not anymore

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with Golden?
It's fawking alberia cold half the time, doesn't get the snow revy and damoose does, I could keep going but don't want to give any ideas away

I used to ride there alot when I was a central albertian, so I know alot

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's fawking alberia cold half the time, doesn't get the snow revy and damoose does, I could keep going but don't want to give any ideas away

I used to ride there alot when I was a central albertian, so I know alot

I've rode there lots too, and I really like the place.

different than revy, but in a good way Imo

each to their own I guess

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode there lots too, and I really like the place.

different than revy, but in a good way Imo

each to their own I guess
Ya, if what I know now, new back in the day, did some stupid sledding there

Big consequences, I love Gorman ( and know it like back of my had all the way to quartz) but that was in the climbing days

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, if what I know now, new back in the day, did some stupid sledding there

Big consequences, I love Gorman ( and know it like back of my had all the way to quartz) but that was in the climbing days

it's big Country for sure

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said, young and dumb, golden

Then moved onto revy, road lots there but found us going west farther to ride as weather was better, and after the fun times nite life in revy went south from the ski hill and plankers, we just drove the extra 45 min to damoose to sled

Hence why I moved to damoose

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough. sicamous is alright. I like Revy better, but different stokes for different folks :beer:

Top Bottom