Highway 1 Detours starting 2020

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
It will be nice when finished. But when 93 to Radium gets closed from a fire or MVC it will be terrible. Only other way west is crows nest pass.
Will be huge delays on truck shipments etc. Maybe CP Rail will handle moving more goods.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came here to share this but the job was already done.

Week long closures at times will impact some people’s plans for sure. Adding 100km to just hit Golden for a day trip is not really ideal for those who do from Calgary.

93 blows. Lots of wildlife at times, and honestly the road gets quieter when the yahoos turn off for Radium.

The 24 hour closures won’t be the issue. The closures that are weeks at a time could very well go through peak winter riding season.

Should be an interesting few years.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
And not to mention drive up the price of goods delivered both east and west. But that’s the price a guy pays for change. It is long overdue. That canyon is a cluster at the best of times.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highway 3 is stupid busy now and with possibly more traffic at times the ambulance crews will be not sleeping much. Even now there is a increase of accidents compared to a few years ago.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah Montana I guess isn't too far.

never have really thought about riding there.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came here to share this but the job was already done.

Week long closures at times will impact some people’s plans for sure. Adding 100km to just hit Golden for a day trip is not really ideal for those who do from Calgary.

93 blows. Lots of wildlife at times, and honestly the road gets quieter when the yahoos turn off for Radium.

The 24 hour closures won’t be the issue. The closures that are weeks at a time could very well go through peak winter riding season.

Should be an interesting few years.
Could always ride Radium or Invermere instead of turning back north to Golden.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forester will be ridiculous busy, which Is good for the club but sucks from a riders standpoint cause it's a small area that's usually pretty quiet. I feel like there's gonna be a few Montana trips planned over the next couple years.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could always ride Radium or Invermere instead of turning back north to Golden.

OMFG this is gonna be a gonger winter. Bazillion heavy trucks on that road with the hill down into Radium will be closed constantly due to accidents and weather.

Won't be renewing Golden or Revy memberships. Looks like Montana or Fernie a bunch this year for my crew?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's time to lobby for a motor-park area in Banff. Why not, everyone else has their little piece of the pie in that park. Really a ski hill has way more impact anyway. Funny I have brought this up before and even many sledders didn't agree.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s not quite the same as people are used to in the interior of BC.....but the beer is cheap!

I'll still be buying expensive beer in revelstoke, but should help cut down on the traffic.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's time to lobby for a motor-park area in Banff. Why not, everyone else has their little piece of the pie in that park. Really a ski hill has way more impact anyway. Funny I have brought this up before and even many sledders didn't agree.
Interesting comment..... could you imagine the disgust in the eyes of the leaf licking crew for us even mentioning this ...????

I’ve always found it strange that the ski resort supporters look down their noses at motor sports enthusiasts, when we require little to no infrastructure to support our endeavour, but look at the development that they demand!! They think it’s perfectly ok...!!

I’m so tired of the entitled bastards of the world... and yet they seem to be taking over.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe we should hope for a few good snow years on the Alberta side. Many guys never ride Alberta and it would be nice to see the clubs gain some numbers with this. (trying to be optimistic)

this is something we as clubs are all hoping for anyways..... lots of great riding here in this province, but everyone is so mountain focused they don't take the time to check it out.

Top Bottom