HID'S Questions.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevy and I are looking at getting an HID Projector retrofit done to my Yukon.Of course, we could do it ourselves, but would rather not. Does anyone know of a place that will do custom retrofits?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevy and I are looking at getting an HID Projector retrofit done to my Yukon.Of course, we could do it ourselves, but would rather not. Does anyone know of a place that will do custom retrofits?
what year is it? it's super easy on a 4 bulb system femme, especially on a GM. just pull the 2 rods that hold the headlight housing in, unplug your lights, remove the old housings pop the new housings, find a nice spot for your ballasts and plug them in. no tools required...plug and play. if you go with halo projectors there will be some wiring for the "angel eyes".

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what year is it? it's super easy on a 4 bulb system femme, especially on a GM. just pull the 2 rods that hold the headlight housing in, unplug your lights, remove the old housings pop the new housings, find a nice spot for your ballasts and plug them in. no tools required...plug and play. if you go with halo projectors there will be some wiring for the "angel eyes".
Sorry! I wasn't very clear, we are looking at having someone retrofit my stock headlights to an HiD set up with the proper projectors etc. but the only place I really found was Black Flame Customs. They are located in the states and charge $1,000!!! :eek: I just about had the baby when I read that! Lol I would like to save some scratch and buy some aftermarkets vs having mine retrofitted and painted, but I haven't really found any great reviews on any of them? Do you have a brand you recommend? It's a 2010 Yukon Denali.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
save your money for the baby...im forwarding this frivalous spending attemp to your mother.....bahhaaaaaa

Sorry! I wasn't very clear, we are looking at having someone retrofit my stock headlights to an HiD set up with the proper projectors etc. but the only place I really found was Black Flame Customs. They are located in the states and charge $1,000!!! :eek: I just about had the baby when I read that! Lol I would like to save some scratch and buy some aftermarkets vs having mine retrofitted and painted, but I haven't really found any great reviews on any of them? Do you have a brand you recommend? It's a 2010 Yukon Denali.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not up on the 2010 headlight system, my pop has a new yukon so I'll go and have a look. it starts getting technical when your daytime running lights are a part of your headlight system, there has to be wiring done so they will work. my GM has separate DRL's so it is about as easy as it gets for installation of a complete HID kit. they are probably correct in their retrofit pricing if they have to do the relays and wiring for the DRL system, mine was around 600 for the complete kit (ballasts, bulbs, and projectors) and I did the install myself. you can guarantee they will be done right if you go the custom install route, as I mentioned before stay away from the cheap ebay crap. you get what you pay for....and remember, any vehicle that doesn't come from the factory with HID's is illegal in BC right now.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Of course any worthy grandfather would want their daughter and grandkids to be safe on the hwy.....you just need to flutter those special "daddy please" eyes and i'm sure he would donate to the cause......

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not up on the 2010 headlight system, my pop has a new yukon so I'll go and have a look. it starts getting technical when your daytime running lights are a part of your headlight system, there has to be wiring done so they will work. my GM has separate DRL's so it is about as easy as it gets for installation of a complete HID kit. they are probably correct in their retrofit pricing if they have to do the relays and wiring for the DRL system, mine was around 600 for the complete kit (ballasts, bulbs, and projectors) and I did the install myself. you can guarantee they will be done right if you go the custom install route, as I mentioned before stay away from the cheap ebay crap. you get what you pay for....and remember, any vehicle that doesn't come from the factory with HID's is illegal in BC right now.
The lights in the new GMC's don't come out as easy as the older series by just pulling the pin.....there is a lot more involved to removing these lights

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin did a bit of research today and found some he liked, they aren't quite custom, but are a projection kit that will be modded for HID. They look good, hopefully they work as good as a custom set up! Lol I'll let you guys know when we get them :)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lights in the new GMC's don't come out as easy as the older series by just pulling the pin.....there is a lot more involved to removing these lights
like I said, I'm not familiar with the setup on the newer GM stuff. it must have been way too easy before....

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping we (by that I mean Kevin and Terry) can find a good video on YouTube, here's hoping! Lol

Top Bottom